Harmony won't allow me to draw

i have this problem too , anybody solve that??? i read all the answers but none work !!! what can i do?

This happened to me and I solved the issue by removing any pegs where I had skewed the drawings. I was animating some ripples, and I used a peg to skew the entire animation. As soon as I did that, I stopped being able to draw in Camera mode, and I got the arrow with the little white circle with the slash through it. It was driving me crazy, but then a co-worker said it’s often because the drawings are skewed with a peg. I removed my peg, and it worked!

Hope this solves this issue for anyone else about to throw the computer across the room.

Hey am having same problem, i have searched the whole of the internet, watched all videos on YouTube but still no answer, I think it has to do with the license, you have to buy a license, but if you’ve already bought a license and still encounter such problem, then you should report to the toon boom customer service, and let them run a check on the compatibility with your computer, thank you, follow me on Twitter for great tutorial videos and help videos, @idjeffzy.

I get the prohibition sign as well. Can’t use any tools however if I hold “b” and move the mouse I can draw or hold “q” I can use the lasso/marqee.

I spent 2 hours today trying to figure this out on Harmony 14. I’m not new to harmony, I’ve animated over 10 minutes of character and composited animation on it in recent months. I ran into this type of thing before but those times, it was related to Art Layers, paint brush settings, disconnected Nodes and other logical things.

This time however it just seemed like the Drawing View tab was dysfunctional for no apparent reason. It seemed to be come flakier and flakier the more I drew until i just came up blank for every drawing while the camera view was fine (i could draw in camera view tho).

I finally tried reseting my workspace to one of the factory settings, instead of my custom workspace. This solved all my problems.

Good luck everyone.

I’m not sure if this applies to everyone else, but at least in my situation I was working on some layers that were within a group. When I created a new layer with one of the grouped layers selected, the new layer was added to the group. BUT. It was not attached to the composite node in the node view. This was preventing me from drawing on it in Camera view. Once I attached it to the composite node, my issue was fixed.

So if you are working on a file that has grouped nodes, be sure to check where your new layers are being created and that they are connected to the composite node.

Aha! I think I have found the issue!

It was my grouping and/or node placement and output threads (those lines you can attach to other things in node view).

I had grouped a lot of layers before drawing on them and later on, decided to further add layers to these groups. It turns out, I had to rearrange the layers in the group (in node view) and then make sure all outputs of the group were actually leading out to the grand composite.

So, check your node view, make sure all layers, groups, and their layers are connected to their composites. This means layers in groups are attached to “multi-port out” (or the singular port out when grouping with composite) and later-added layers are connected to “composite” to “multi-port out” 2) If the layer is already in a group, check to see if all of the group’s outputs are connected to composite.

Sorry if this is a lot or hard to understand. I’m just really happy to be able to help ^_^(I hope this helps) I don’t really know how to attach images… so I’m praying this description is enough.

1 Like

Hey y’all I was having the same problem. Added a new layer could not do anything on it. All I did was hit the “+” sight to the right of the name of your layer which by default is named “drawing 1,2,3 etc…” when you click that plus sign a little yellow pencil appears to the left of the layer name and your able to use the layer. Anyways that’s what worked for me hope that helps.

You’re a life saver, lost my mind trying to figure out what was wrong, thank you :smiling_face_with_tear: