Harmony won't allow me to draw

I have the same problem. Any solution???

I had the same problem. Couldn’t draw on newly created layers or even duplicated ones.

My layers were in a group (imported from my stage library).

After ungrouping I didn’t have the problem anymore. When I grouped it again, the problem didn’t occur.

Hope this helps

There are a number of reasons why you might not be allowed to draw,

• if the layer is not directly facing the camera
  • if the layer is locked
  • your layer is inside a symbol (need to enter into symbol first)
  • you may have selected the layer’s peg instead of the layer
    and others.

If you’re stuck, contact support to have a look at the context on your system.

If you’re asking on the Forum, it always helps to have a screenshot
showing the entire software interface.

Hi, thanks for the help, now I’m going to put the image of what happens to me

im having the same problem here… is there any fixer for this like patch… or this is some kind of system to stop piracy from the authority … pls solve the problem…

I had the same problem - right clicked drawing layer and hovered over lock, then selected unlock.

Also, make sure the drawing layer is plugged into a composite in the node view, thats caught me a few times.

Hello,

I could be wrong about this (and I hope I am). First what OS are you running? My best guess is you might be running Windows10. Toon Boom requires Apple’s QuickTime and QuickTime doesn’t work correctly on Windows10. If so far I am correct (you ARE running Win10 and my theory of TB not working because of QT) then you should check out this link on how to get QuickTime on Windows10 (https://tommynation.com/install-quicktime-windows-10/). You could do that or try running the program on another OS. Hope that helps

Nine month and nobody gave the answer?..
I got the same issue… but sincerely… if it takes 9 month to get an answer, I’d rather uninstall the software!

I don’t have a solution, but I’ve managed to replicate how I get into this issue. It seems to be directly related to adding drawing layers while you have “Display All” enabled. Try this. If you create a drawing layer in Display Default it’ll likely work. But if you have display all, and then you create a new drawing layer, you won’t be able to draw on that new layer. And if you switch back to display default, your new layer will actually disappear. It’s a bug. It should be fixed. And hopefully they get this fixed soon.

If you create a new drawing layer and have the ”Display All” enabled the new Drawing node will not be connected to the Composite node and that’s why you can’t draw. You can check that in Node View. If you then connect your new drawing to the Composite you will be able to draw again as normal.

Hey I hust installed toon boom harmony 12 ( had toon boom harmony 10) and Im facing the same problem
I searched all of the froum , although there were a lot of people like us there seem to be no answer! I personally think its about softwares licence,
I have no choise to delete the software!
thanks toon boom for your support!

Hi Mohammad,

Where did you download the installer from?
Is the same thing happening with the Harmony 14 trial software?

Thanks

Marie-Eve

any solution so far ?

You probably figured this out by now, but to help anyone else out who comes to this forum here is how I solved my problem. Check the Node View and make sure the Composite ( the node that all the other drawing nodes plug into for you beginners) isn’t lock. If its red that means the composite is locked and nothing plugged into it is editable. Just click the yellow square on the composite node and check the enable/disable box in the properties window that pops up.

That’s what my problem turned out to be anyway.

Check to make sure your composite node isn’t locked. That’s what my problem ended up being.

any solution so far ? Please help us. I’m a student and i need do my homework. When i’m key down CTRL key, disappear prohibition symbol, and i can try to edit or do something, but not solve the problem. Please help!

Same Here having Trouble from this prohibition cursor
can’t draw
tried all the help form other members
i just installed it like 2 hours ago

Toon Boom Harmony Premium Version 12.2.0
please need help i tried everything nothing work
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Luckily the current version is 12.2.1, so simply install that and you should be be good to go.

how do i update?
thanks in advance

Just download the latest installer from your account