Avoid upgrading Quicktime to 7.3.1 or above

Ugo,

Well, Apple has just released Quicktime 7.5. Does this help the Quick Preview issue or are we still in the same boat? I’ve been sticking with QT 7.3 until this is hopefully resolved.

Ron

no the new version does not work for quick preview

j

Okay, thanks, Jimmyd13.

Hi Ugo!

Any news with this… connected to the new upgrade 4.5 or still the same problem?

All best!
/Marq

Yes, to me too, this is more important than anything new coming with 4.5
Robin

Hi,

Just want to confirm this was indeed addressed in version 4.5 of the software.

Regards,

Ugo

Hi again Ugo!

Hmmm… didnt understand the answer there… I could understand its one of the goals to fix for the version 4.5… but still it seems that my questions asks!? Will it then be fixed in time?

Im not here to pushing for some answers… in that case im apologizing! Maybe im just one of those few ones that have this eager and just want to find some hope in this problem :wink:

All best!
/Marq

sounds like they fixed it in 4.5

Hooray!!

Hi,

Sorry if my answer was not clear enough :wink: Yes it is part of the software which will be released in the coming week. The Quick Preview is no longer bound to Quicktime so it will work on whichever version of Quicktime you have.

Regards,

Ugo

Hip Hip Hooray!!! Hip Hip Hooooray!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes… it will work! ;D

I get a black screen when i draw? Anybody know why?

Hi,

Go in the top menu Edit>Preferences>Display tab and change the renderer from Direct3D to OpenGL (or the opposite depending on which one is setup at the moment). Restart the application and it should do the trick.

Best regards,

Ugo

I am using 7.6.4 already. Is this why I am having problems with my drawing mode drawings suddenly displaying in a “tiled” fashion? For instance, yesterday it seems I was able to draw and edit and all without any problems. (Got into it and got a lot done). Today suddenly I discovered my drawings started breaking up into what appears to be a series of 12 tiles.

When in the timeline if I choose a layer different from what I was working on, the new layers may or may not display; instead, a tile, say 1/12th of the gridded area displays the new layer, or the layer changes except for “tile”.

It’s very annoying.

Hi,

I doubt this is actually related to the version fo Quicktime has Quicktime itself should not be taken in consideration as you draw or view stuff on screen. It will have an impact when you preview or render material.

You issue seem to be much more related to the video card. Make sure to download the latest drivers available for your card.

Best regards,

Ugo