New video tutorials from Adam Philips (of Bitey fame)!!!

I think you should make more. You got into the juicy part right off the bat, and besides AP has a bigger name because he is an established well known animator, but he is not teaching us how to animate, he is showing us how to use Animate. Which is the same thing you are doing. Please make more if you can.

Thanks for the support. There will be at least 1 more, caused I promised multi-plane so I want to finish it off which will be part 3 (and maybe 4 if talking about camera moves takes too long)

First of all. Please don’t stop making tutorials. There can never be too much learning material out there - the more, the merrier! You can cover the things you feel Adam did not/ or did not go into detail.

Secondly, Toon Boom didn’t tell him to do those tutorials - he only neded their permission, but truth be told… I told him I wanted the tutorials, along with hundreds of people emailing him every day with the same story as mine!

I posted a long thread on his website and showed him the other thread on these forums, where he could see what we were saying about the current videos, which prompted him to make his videos.

There can never been TOO MANY videos for us to learn from. What we need is MORE detail on certain features without rushing.

Not sure if that was directed at me. But he is a freelancer for a reason. Most studios love to have him. You would be stupid not too consider if the opportunity came your way.

Creating projects for other people for free is very unlikely in general because I would rather work on my own projects because I think my ideas are good and often I want to showcase my music/ideas.

Likewise I am sure he would rather continue on his Bitey series than create something for someone else for free. The only reason to ever really do something like that for free is exposure (something he doesn’t need).

Woah that was a long post

lol nah man, not sure why u thought I was talking to you? Was talking to nabz. I understand where your coming from though but Lots of people would love to work with Adam (kinda like an internship) to work together with a pro and make something great. Working with a team and creating a great result you be proud of. The best “animation” works ( not referring to story ideas) always come from team work anyway is all im saying.

cause you didn’t say who :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah collaboration brings out the best and worst in people.

Basically if you “click” then it can be great, if you don’t it just ends very badly!

yeah or if you dont have people that pull their weight. Had some of those in a college team 3d animation project. Like 12 people that didnt really contribute : D Anyway Raider cant wait till the next video. Hope your still making them.

there will be a couple more on multiplanes and camera movement before i revaluate.

I know what you mean about people wanting to be a part of the project and not do any work and just get the credit at the end. They are nightmares.

The latest toonboom upgrade email used AP as advertising!

NEW: Rigging tutorials from Adam Phillips!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp2n0KhYPRE

These videos are amazing… and he’s only at the beginners level so far, which is perfect for a newbie like me.

nabz thanks for the communications and staying on top of this subject. I am a beginner @ Animate and these forums have helped me greatly. DUDE YOU ROCK!!!

No problem. I just want to let people like you and me (the noobies) know that there is finally some help out there for us.