New video tutorials from Adam Philips (of Bitey fame)!!!

Well, it seems like all the noise we made about the lack of decent Toon Boom Animate training videos was loud enough to get the attention of the VERY talented Adam Phillips.

He has started making a beginners tutorial series and says he will also be showing cut out animation tutorials. Who says giving feedback was a bad thing? IT WORKS!! ;D

Please go to the link and post your feedback (on the Youtube comments section) and words encouragement, as he is giving this training away to us for free!! :smiley:

We can pot comments and make requests on things we want him to show us etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v41UKjqTIt8

yeah his totally awesome.

He has a great timelapse of him building the main room for his lady of pain video.

Great stuff, well done to nabz and TheRaider :slight_smile:

Yeah. I have seen that many times, but that was so super complicated. This time, he will go through everything in a simple step-by-step way.

Don’t forget to post comments on his Youtube video to suggest ideas for tutorials you want to see!

Lady UV… please post a comment on the youtube video with things you would like Adam to show in his upcoming tutorials… he will take in our feedback and make the videos we ask for. Others are already posting requests in the comments section.

Adam said he would do a cut-out animation next in his tutorials, so if there’s anything you would like to see, you should post it there.

Thanks for making us aware of this! Headin’ on over to YouTube now and will give him praise and thanks and feedback…

Yeah. I have seen that many times, but that was so super complicated. This time, he will go through everything in a simple step-by-step way.

Don’t forget to post comments on his Youtube video to suggest ideas for tutorials you want to see!

Ya it is complicated.

yeah his totally awesome.

He has a great timelapse of him building the main room for his lady of pain video.
However it is awesome and my favourite video by him. Sucks i don’t have pro :(. Shows the level of detail he goes into.

I would like to see morphing in general (i have a love hate relationship with it!) but I am not going to hold my breath about how many/fast he will make.

Plus i want him to hurry up and make the next bitey. He takes so long!

Hey buddy, why not post your requests on his youtube video or channel? He’s already released another 7 videos and is taking suggestions from users. :smiley:

I would also like to see morphing, for things such as wavy hair and clothes.

yeah i should at some stage.

I don’t really think there is much point in me making more tutorials.

Toonboom listened cause they have obviously have a relationship(i was kind of hoping they would pick me, but his obviously a better choice) with him and that is why he is making them. Shame he doesn’t prepare just a little more. Cause he says the wrong thing sometimes cause i guess he doesn’t do that much in his workflow.

Post when he puts more up. I will definitly watch them especially if they get more advanced to see how he does things.

I think you should make more. You got into the juicy part right off the bat, and besides AP has a bigger name because he is an established well known animator, but he is not teaching us how to animate, he is showing us how to use Animate. Which is the same thing you are doing. Please make more if you can.

I agree in gender, number and level with Alexf.
Please continue to Tutorials.

First of all. Please don’t stop making tutorials. There can never be too much learning material out there - the more, the merrier! You can cover the things you feel Adam did not/ or did not go into detail.

Secondly, Toon Boom didn’t tell him to do those tutorials - he only neded their permission, but truth be told… I told him I wanted the tutorials, along with hundreds of people emailing him every day with the same story as mine!

I posted a long thread on his website and showed him the other thread on these forums, where he could see what we were saying about the current videos, which prompted him to make his videos.

There can never been TOO MANY videos for us to learn from. What we need is MORE detail on certain features without rushing.

why did he need toon booms permission to make tutorials? because he has Animate 2?

Yes, because he is using Version 2 for the tutorials, which is not released yet. He also has Pro 2 as well, which I would love to see, but I am not sure if he’s allowed to show that just yet.

You can see the original post made over at his site, which links back to this forum… isn’t the internet just a wonderful thing? :smiley:

http://www.biteycastle.com/smf/index.php/topic,2353.msg46821.html#new

Would you be willing to work with him like as an “online” animation studio to make projects created with Animate if you could? for free even?

I know that question is not aimed at me, but HELL YEAH! I would be his Padowan and shine his shoes just to learn! The way I see it it would not be for free, cause you would be skipping a $40,000 a semester price to go to Art School, for free.

Heck yeah I would!!! ;D

I would give a few weeks of my time to learn from him and do his slave work… if it meant I could be shown all the tips and tricks and technical aspects of Animate and Animate Pro. ;D

He has many years of professional animation experience… just imagine all the knowledge you can gain from him… like in Highlander or something… but without the beheading part! :stuck_out_tongue:

From scouring TB’s Products and site in general, I think the best thing they did was those Workout Series and Training Videos for Toonboom studio.

They should make that for Animate and shut us all up for a while. :-X

This the description for the Studio training videos:

"The Toon Boom Studio Training Video is the perfect tool to get first-hand instructions on how to use the software."

Now take a trip to Fantasy land with me and imagine this …

“The Toon Boom Training Video is the perfect tool to get first-hand instructions on how to use the software.”

Heck yeah I would!!! ;D

I would give a few weeks of my time to learn from him and do his slave work… if it meant I could be shown all the tips and tricks and technical aspects of Animate and Animate Pro. ;D

He has many years of professional animation experience… just imagine all the knowledge you can gain from him… like in Highlander or something… but without the beheading part! :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL, man it would be pretty cool to work with him. It would be cool just in general if there was an online project of people from all over the world working on a animated short together. The outcome would probably be amazing.

Training Video is the perfect tool to get first-hand instructions on how to use the software."

That’s exactly what we’ve all (me especially) have been crying out for! :-[

That would certainly shut me up… :stuck_out_tongue: