mov parms for quicktime

Hi all -

Working with tb4 on a vista pc … for some reason, I am getting squawks, static, and squeals out of my audio when I do an export … all was fine a week ago but i suspect upgrading to the latest version of quicktime is the culprit as i had changed the TB parms … since I cannot undo the QT upgrade I was wondering if anyone has had success outputting .mov files under the latest QT and if so, what parms are being set in TB to accomplish this … currently my settings are
Compression: h.264
Quality: High
Frame Rendering: Yes
Encoding: Multi-pass
Dimensions:720x480 (current)

for audio (where I believe the issue is) are as follows"
Format: Uncompressed
Sample rate:44.1
Sample Size: 16
Channels: 1

Prepare for internet streaming is checked with Fast Start as it value…

if anyone knows a good set of parms they can enlighten me with, I would greatly appreciate as it is taking some four or five hours to render this movie and trying different combos of parms is getting tedious to say the least … thanks in advance … dan

Hi Dan,

What is the format of your original sound? I will try to see if I can reproduce this here with the latest version of Quicktime. In the meantime you might want to check if you could find the installer of the old version of Quicktime you use to have (unless the update you have done was because you were having some problems).

In any case I’ll try to see if I can get the same behavior here.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi Ugo -

I have reduced the size of the file to 319mb so that I could test the various combos of parms … if it would be easier to test, I could upload it so that you could test a subset of the file … meanwhile, I have found a number of old versions of QT - I was not sure what the current level I had before the update occurred … so I will start removing and installing each one until I find one that works … the parms I was using with the export to movie, did they look okay to you? I tried using the default, but that did not remove the static from the sound output … thanks, I do appreciate your efforts … dan

Hi Dan,

I have used the same parameters that you have used on an animation I had at hand with the latest version of Quicktime and did not have any issue with the sound.

Have you tried to export only part of your animation by specifying a range at the export to see if you get the same behavior?

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi Ugo -

Before I forget, the sounds were created using Windows sound recorder then converted them to a wav format using Audio CVonverter Pro… I did try to export out a frame range but each time the export went through the process of exporting but no output file was created … I checked the path of the export to insure that i was looking for the right name and path… I will try going out to the QT site and downloading the latest version … maybe the auto update feature misinstalled … thanks, dan

Hi,

What kind of soundcard do you have?
Vista isn’t so good when it comes to some drivers… especially with Audigy. I was often getting oddities in the sound.
And Quicktime in vista… very annoying… i went back to XP due to problems like these

hi All -

I am using the Realtek Hi Def sound card … with regards to QT, I have removed QT a number of times replacing it with lesser versions and am still getting the squawks and static … I tried creating a new animation with just the sound and a quick drawing … same results… do I need to install the latest QT, the reinstall TB4? I am at a loss as to what the problem could be … is there anything in the QT parms I need to reset or add? thanks, Dan

Hi Dan,

I am not aware of any specific parameters inside Quicktime that may be corrupting the sound. Though if you say that putting the same sound in a new animation have the same result then would it be possible to provide us the sound. It might not necessarily be related to your machine but may be something with the sound so I just want to make sure.

If the sound is too big for an e-mail let me know and I will setup an ftp folder.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi Ugo -

I think the sound is okay because I used it in another animation and it came out fine … even the one it is currently in had worked fine at one point, until I stupidly upgraded to the new QT … I am just going to have to start at the bottom of the qt versions i have found and keep installing until i find the one that will work …
I do have another question for you … a lot of my animations are huge, so I have to break them up into smaller segments… I have a client that wants his in a single SWF stream… do you know of any process or joiner out there that I can use to bring all eleven of these files into a single stream? thanks, Dan

Hi Dan,

I think that you have found yourself a solution to this question from the other question I saw in the other thread (making multiple scenes). This approach is the proper one if you want to keep everything inside Toon Boom Studio.

Else then that I guess you could always try some editing software but I am not aware of any that could output to swf (I didn’t really check though).

Best regards,

Ugo