Yiynova MSP19U (pen tablet monitor)

How on earth do you delete double posts??

I just got my MSP19U in the mail today and set it up. It looks really nice and it works quite fine. I had an issue with ToonBoom Animate 2 where I would make a stroke and then I couldn’t do much else, plus the sensitivity didn’t work. However I found out what the issue was (for me in particular anyway). I had a second screen set up when it wasn’t working, so I tried shutting off the second monitor, only using the MSP19U. After disabling the second monitor, I found that Animate 2 responds just fine to the tablet, which is a great relief.

PS. I’m using a Windows 7 desktop.

Ok I’m using Windows Vista (Old I know) but it should still work. I’m going to try this today. If I can get this to work with toon boom, this device will get an incredible five star rating because it draws like a dream in flash.

Update:
I replied earlier to this thread saying that I use my MSP19U with Animate Pro 2 and a 2012 Macbook Pro running 10.7.5. The responsiveness is fantastic (no lag at all) but I have no pressure sensitivity whatsoever no matter which settings I fiddle with.

I decided to experiment a little and see if it’s exclusively a Mac problem so I installed the Yiynova drivers and ANP2 in Windows on my boot camp partition. Voila! Full pressure and no lag, it works beautifully.

I’ve emailed Yiynova and have my fingers crossed that with a future driver update some more kinks will be ironed out on the Mac side of things.

Here are some other non-ToonBoom-related Mac problems I’ve noticed with the tablet:

• For those using Illustrator - I’ve noticed that I have to hold the pen on the MSP19U for a split second before I can draw a line. If you are a speedy drawer the tablet won’t register your lines, you have to go slowly. Until they completely fix this problem it’s frustrating to use Illustrator with this tablet.

• You have to press a lot harder on a Mac than you do in Windows. Even adjusting the pressure in the settings doesn’t fix it for me because on the lightest setting I still have to press fairly hard.

• There is a screen “wiggle/wobble” every few minutes kind of like something is interfering? Even if you’re not drawing the screen wriggles around and it can be hard to focus, it’s not always really noticeable but when I do it really annoys me! I haven’t noticed it once in Windows.

Apart from these few small things I absolutely love this tablet so far and I’m so happy I bought it.

Ok, maybe I need to install the drivers on the website and not the drivers that came with the disc. Not too concerned with the pressure sensitivity in AP2 yet, but to get it to work in AP2 would be too incredible.

I’m actually excited to get home and try it out. I havent worked in AP2 in a few weeks and I’m missing working in the program.

How’d you go kreedosF_98764?
Get it working??

Still no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled the new driver they just released too.

I’ll be able to draw one stroke, then thats it. I have to take my pen away from the screen then bring it back just to draw something.

Then, when I try to save what I’ve drawn, the entire screen disappears.

I like the tablet a lot in flash, but I’m truly trying to move over to AP2 because I like how the line art looks, but wow for this to happen is very frustrating and disappointing.

Really hoping for a fix somehow. I know the problem isnt the pen and the system is high end pc.

Hi, Everyone,
For now Toon Boom software only officially support Wacom tablet.
We could not guarantee it will work with other type of tablets.
Thanks
Wei

I think I know what is that.
For Sai, Painter, (Older version of SketchBook Pro) and few applications, Msp19U are working properly just under single monitor mode. Under extended monitor, it will have some issue.
This issue is identified by Yiynova and are working on the fix of driver.

Thanks

Going to try it in single monitor mode in the meantime.

This would have been great to know before purchasing as this is the only reason I bought the tablet. There can be no competition with Wacom unless and until this can work on the industry leading animation software.

Hope this gets updated soon!

Hi there,

Just want to put the official word out that there are a number of people successfully using this tablet (yay!) but that we still don’t officially support it yet. I have had several issues reported to me, particularly with dual monitor setups. I am working with Yiynova to start a relationship that will enable us to work with them to fully support it. As soon as I have official news, I’ll let you know!

-Lilly

I just received this tablet and am completely in love with it. The pressure sensitivity is my only issue so far. Did anybody ever find a solution?

I am on a Mac Pro with OS X Lion using a dual screen set up.

And on Windows Vista at that. Just use the tablet in single monitor mode. It was a pain to figure out but now the hold up is that I need to update my graphics card to get the most use out of this. Thought I had a pretty decent graphics card but guess not!

Anyway, check out this video as he explains step by step how to get this to work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R4fAvEyEEA

Almost returned the tablet until I saw this video!

I had no pressure sensitivity in Animate Pro 2 but since I’ve upgraded to version 3 it works like a dream for me.

After you have launched your toonboom software in single monitor display, you can then switch back to dual monitor display and it will work. When this tablet is working right, it is almost as good as the cintiq. The pressure sensitivity is awesome and the responsiveness matches that of a cintiqs (the responsiveness is in some cases better imo) if u have cintiq money get one, but if you dont the msp19u is a great alternative.

It’s the same thing, booted up in single monitor, works great, then turned on the 2nd monitor, pressure sensitivity… Awesome. I could not record a video because it was at my friend’s house. On windows 8 btw

btw this was my first time trying harmony, I don’t know if its just me but it felt fast and smooth, if only I had 2 gs

OMG Lilly that would be sooooo awesome I would never stop thanking you!

Hi! I’ve been interested in getting a LCD tablet recently and don’t have the cash to get a Cintiq. I think that the msp19u would be a great alternative but I have to ask. Where did you get it at such a low price?

Any news on this subject.
Just purchased an UC-Logic Penates SP1001 from Yiynova and using it with Storyboard Pro 4.1 it still shows the same issue with multi display setup.
I understood there was some co-operation between ToonBoom and Yiynova on this matter? After so many years one would have expected this to be resolved …