X-sheets bouncing and jumping

I have Animate Pro and have been struggling with a bug in the X-sheets.

The bug doesn’t seem to be consistent. Sometimes it does it sometimes not.

Basically, when I select a cell in the X-sheets, the X-sheets bounce (jump) all the way to the top. So, I have to re-scroll to the desired cell to work with it.

Same thing happens (sometimes, often) when I finally select a cell in the X-sheet and then go and draw in the camera view. As soon as I undo a line in the camera view, the X-sheets jump all the way to the top.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something to cause this?

thanks…

Hello,

I was hoping I would get an answer for this problem, from tech support, as it is really difficult to work.

thanks…

Hello,

Once again another issue that I have never heard of before. The two problems may have the same source. I would think from your description that it sounds like a graphics driver problem. What’s your operating system and your graphics card? Have you updated to the latest drivers for your OS?

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

My computer specs are:

Mac OSX 10.5.8

3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 130:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 130
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x062e
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3370

I am using the 12WX Cintiq and I just upgraded the drivers. It is not happening now but I am not sure if it’s due to the driver upgrade (as it was happening sporadically before).

If problem reoccurs I will post here.

Thanks for looking into it…

I discussed this problem with the developers and they think this is probably not related to your graphics drivers, more likely related to some kind of a shortcut that you’re using that may reset the x-sheet. When this happens, what exactly are you doing? Are you using a shortcut at all?

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

I am actually not using shortcuts because I have not learned many of them. When I work in the X-sheets I don’t use shortcuts at all, actually (at least not yet).

The problem is hard to describe because it is not consistent and at this point I have not yet been able to pinpoint exactly what steps lead up the the problem starting to occur.

So, to be practical, I think it would be best for me to keep an eye on it and see if I can reconstruct what steps I take before the problem occurs. The I will try to restart and do these exact steps to see if it triggers this problem.

I think this would be the best approach for me to describe the problem step by step.

thanks for looking into this…

Thank you for your patience and indeed, when it happens again please let us know the step-by-step rules to reproduce the problem.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

OK, so I think I finally figured out what makes the X-sheet jump.

I am always working with the X-sheet reduced in size, so I can see more frames. In other words, I always zoom out one step, before I work. So, now I noticed, if the X-sheet is zoomed out, it always jumps up or down whenever I click on a frame that represents a drawing.

Any suggestions what can be done to fix that?

thanks…

This is an issue that has been reported before, but we have never been able to reproduce on our end. When I spoke to R&D they said that some changes had been made to the xsheet, and that it has been improved upon for Animate 2 and should be more stable.

If you notice that it doesn’t happen when zoomed out, then the best thing that I can suggest for the moment is not to zoom out.

Sorry I can’t be of more assistance. If you’d like to troubleshoot further, then please send an email to techsupport@toonboom.com

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

OK, I’ll email tech support about it. Hopefully they’ll come up with a solution.

It’s just hard to work with X-sheet when it’s large, cause I have to keep scrolling and often don’t have enough of an overview over the time it takes to act out an action. Especially when working on a 12 inch Cintiq.

Between this issue and the tool submenus opening up outside of the work monitor they should be able to help, I hope.

thanks again… :wink:

Yes I think the best thing would be to email tech support - they can set up a remote session where they can view your problems firsthand.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support