www.tallgrassradio.com/toonboom

Keep writing! I enjoyed your April 22nd blog! more more more…please!

i would enjoy some working examples even more :wink:
cheers,
rob

while you’re probably not alone in your curiosity, I’m just going to say that it’s not unreasonable that JK doens’t have a gallery full of his toons for our viewing pleasure. I’m not pretending to know his reasons, let me be clear on that, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to see his work. However, if I was cartooning for a living, and not a hobby, you’d be hard pressed to get me to release my work to the masses for nothing. And not due to greed either, especially if you are working in a team environment. If everyone involved isn’t on board with giving the final product away then it would be out of line for one team member to go ahead and show it.

Aside from that, Im going to go ahead & say that there is no need for a “burden of proof” here for JK, and there shouldn’t be, in my opinion. If he is willling to share/give information & knowledge with anyone willing to listen, then what exactly is wrong with that? I can only see it as good natured, and certainly not pretentious… or “high-nosed.” The only proof I need from someone to determine if they are a qualified teacher or not is found in the answers & solutions they give me. So far I have not been steered wrong by JK, nor received any mis-information from him. I have, however, gained alot of valuable knowledge that has helped my progression tremendously, and I didn’t need to see one of his drawings to get it.

Kdog…I agree! JK doesn’t have to spend time giving anyone input on how to use TBS, but he does! In most cases you have to pay for an education. JK is teaching us for free. Thank you JK!

while you’re probably not alone in your curiosity, I’m just going to say that it’s not unreasonable that JK doens’t have a gallery full of his toons for our viewing pleasure. I’m not pretending to know his reasons, let me be clear on that, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to see his work. However, if I was cartooning for a living, and not a hobby, you’d be hard pressed to get me to release my work to the masses for nothing. And not due to greed either, especially if you are working in a team environment. If everyone involved isn’t on board with giving the final product away then it would be out of line for one team member to go ahead and show it.

Aside from that, Im going to go ahead & say that there is no need for a “burden of proof” here for JK, and there shouldn’t be, in my opinion. If he is willling to share/give information & knowledge with anyone willing to listen, then what exactly is wrong with that? I can only see it as good natured, and certainly not pretentious… or “high-nosed.” The only proof I need from someone to determine if they are a qualified teacher or not is found in the answers & solutions they give me. So far I have not been steered wrong by JK, nor received any mis-information from him. I have, however, gained alot of valuable knowledge that has helped my progression tremendously, and I didn’t need to see one of his drawings to get it.

i’m glad it’s ok for you, kdog, but for me it isn’t enough.

i cope my whole life (over 50 years) with guys who try to prove they are better than others while they talk and write. for the last 30 years i’m doing creative things in many fields (primarily architecture and illustration) where nobody asks for words. only works count.

and i’m gradually allergic in such case, sorry.
cheers,
rob