Working with multiple scenes

Hi guys,

I come from a Flash background and am used to working with multiple scenes in one file (I know it’s not recommended but I like working that way with simple animations). Is that possible in Toon Boom Harmony? I haven’t found a way to do it.

Thanks,
Andrea

I guess you can have each scene in a peg and that way have many scenes in the same project.

Hi Andrea,

hm ,interesting. I never had the idea to work this way on my own.

What you could do is put the elements of each scene into a separate symbol ( like you would do in Flash I suppose :slight_smile: ) and then expose these symbols as you want within the time line of your TBH project.

stefman

Interesting approach, I never would have thought of that.

Ohh that could work. Thanks!

Hey TwilightCiel!

Good tips coming over from the users here. If you really want all the info in the same scene, using groups and disabling the content you don’t wish to see is a good idea.

However, if you fear that you scene is starting to get very heavy, I recommend looking into the Library. There you can store full assets with animation to be easily brought in to your scene, or even just the animation itself, which you can then bring back in on your character (does wonders in cut-out animation). It’s as easy as dragging items in an out of a folder.

Find out more about the library here:
http://docs.toonboom.com/help/harmony-14/premium/library/about-library.html?Highlight=library#

Hope this helps, let us know if you have further questions!