Won't Paint

I am new to this, but drew an animation involving many drawings. When I try to paint items in a drawing, some will fill and some won’t. I was very careful and used only the line drawing tool and some elipses, making sure that there were no gaps, at least none that I could see. I tried changing the gap setting. No go.

Hi,

This is pretty odd. Do you think you could send us a zip file of the project to support so we can check it out? Simply attach it to a message addressed to techsupport@toonboomstudio.com and we will look at it as soon as we can. Adding a brief description of the problem would be very helpful so we can see where to look at.

Best regards,

Ugo

I’m having this exact same problem! Sometimes I can fill a drawing, other times it won’t let me even tho there are no gaps. Please let me know if you solve this one.

Hi,

His problem was actually related to the fact that he his shapes were not closed. To see if you have a closed shape you can trigger the stroke view ( press K ). In it, a green dot means that the edges crosses and a red dot is a free edge. If you don’t have too many edges I would suggest you to close them with the close gaps tools but is you have a lot of gaps the best solutions is usually to redraw the shape.

If you need more informations you can always send us a e-mail with your project attached to it for us to check it out at techsupport@toonboomstudio.com

Best regards,

Ugo

a green dot means that the edges crosses and a red dot is a free edge.

Thank you So Much!

I was hoping there would be some kind of “GAP ALERT” signal.