Wish list for new Harmony

Not in order of importance:

1)Full 64 bit core.
2)Fully capable of using GPU hardware
3)4k and 60/120 frames a second templates
4)Right click descriptions on plugins
5)Deformation plugins should automatically connect and be ready for manipulation without having to go through tool protocols.
6)When importing *.osb files into the elements folder the .mb file is automatically copied and named correctly.
7)A list of script behaviors from a hangdown menu like in Adobe Flash.
7a)Interactive scripting to create basic screen navigation.
8)Automatic link to 3D plugins of 32bit and 64bit variety.
8a)Installation should also place 3D plugins in correct folder for Maya and create all tunnels required. We should not have to do this by hand.
9)
License software to work exactly like Autodesk. For example if your copy of Maya tells you it cannot find the Flex license then all I you do is dump or uninstall Maya; do a a clean install and type back in your license number and Maya is up and running with all your old settings too! With Harmony I have spent days with Tech Support on what is essentially a basic issue which is also a waste of their valuable time too.

One license should allow for Harmony to be fully functional on two computers. Again Adobe and Autodesk off this.

License tools should be upgraded to allow for client ability to repair issues with the license when needed.

I know a 64bit is coming. Harmony is great but it needs to be made less of learning curve. Deformation plugin attachment to layer needs to be automatic in terms of placing and seeing controls. Maya will by default use all 12 or 8 cores so Harmony needs to find a way to make sure when it is using Maya for .osb rendering that this problem is fixed in the next upgrade.

However, I would settle for 64 bit, GPU hardware and a license software that is rock solid like Adobe or Autodesk.

And ToobBoom owners need to hire more techs. What with their high profile clients they hardly have the time for single license holders. Though they do a sterling job and they are dedicated. I’ve had calls returned late at night. Yet, they need more of them.

Also whatever purchase package or version of Harmony is bought it should be listed online under my account with a hot link to lates version with 3D plugins for download. At the moment I have to involve customer care, sales, tech support and others to get upgrades and downloads. A lot of time wasted for all.

And:
Full support for nVidia Quadro GPU! I’m amazed to read on another thread that it is not.

"Automatic link to 3D plugins of 32bit and 64bit variety.
- Are you talking about within Maya? Or the Maya render script modules that are in the Module Library?"

Lilly, I’m referring to the difficulty Harmony tech support had in helping me place the plugins in the right subfolders on my MacPro OSX 10.6.8. It took a lot of command line work. Windows ultimate 7 by comparison is very simply to install the plugins in the right folder. I think this should be part of an installer.

I think on reflection this is the most important for customers with no coding skills.

We simply need to be able to double click an installer and have all the files be placed in the correct folders.

Just a suggestion and it would save time for you guys in support.

1)Full 64 bit core.
- on its way
2)Fully capable of using GPU hardware
- I’m going to write a separate post about Graphics cards to clear up some confusion on this front, stay tuned
3)4k and 60/120 frames a second templates
- do you mean for resolution settings for new scenes? Is this a standard format?
4)Right click descriptions on plugins
- We’ve got the ability to add the Integrated Help window now that contains all the info about all the new effects. When you click on a module the window will update. There are also short descriptions available if you click on the third button in the Module Library window, View Icons with Names
5)Deformation plugins should automatically connect and be ready for manipulation without having to go through tool protocols.
- It should be - you just have to select the deform tool and you can start right away and it’ll create a rig for you that’s tied to the drawing you’re on. Or do you mean something different?
6)When importing *.osb files into the elements folder the .mb file is automatically copied and named correctly.
- I agree and I wish we could do this already, I talked to the team about it before we released Harmony 9 but it’s a lot more complicated than it sounds. I’ll bring it back to the table to see if there are any improvements that we could do.
7)A list of script behaviors from a hangdown menu like in Adobe Flash.
- I’ll have to look into this, I’m not sure exactly what you mean here
7a)Interactive scripting to create basic screen navigation.
- What do you mean by this?
Automatic link to 3D plugins of 32bit and 64bit variety.
- Are you talking about within Maya? Or the Maya render script modules that are in the Module Library?
8a)Installation should also place 3D plugins in correct folder for Maya and create all tunnels required. We should not have to do this by hand.
- This isn’t possible because we don’t know which version of Maya you have, which operating system you’re on, and we don’t have the permission to auto-load plugins from outside.
9) Licensing
- I apologise for any confusion you may have experienced. We at least plan to allow for online registration which will keep the latest download link active.

Okay thanks for the feedback!

~Lilly