windows: where is the @ shortcut?

howdy,
i love shortcuts. i don’t like to lose the focus of my wacom pen outside of the drawing area, so i like my s or a (next/previous frame), or shift-c/shift-v for resetting rotation or view and many more.

what i can’t find is the selecting of the brush tool (@) on the fly.
the shortcut would be the alt gr-q, but alt-gr is already an alternative to the rotation of the drawing table (ctrl-alt), so i don’t come to the combination of both keys at all. before i can hit the ‘q’, the alt gr shows the rotating disk.

any ideas? the system is windows.
thanx in advance.
cheers,
rob

Hi Rob,

Try Shift+2. The hotkey has been made from english keyboard and the @ is not in the same places then other languages keyboard. The hotkey has actually been associated to the combinations of keys rather then the result of the combination.

Remember that can customize all the hotkeys inside the preference menu under Edit.

Best regards,

Ugo

thanx ugo.
but the solution was not shift-2, but a very obscure button with an arrow next to the right control key on the main key pad in the bottom row.
the combination of this button + 2 gives the brush tool (but a pop up menu simultaneously, too).

the keyboard layout is german. strange things to learn :wink:
cheers,
rob

Hi,

You might know that already but …

Note that you can also cycle trough the tools with the button 1 to 9 and use T for text. E.g. If the brush tool is not selected but is the default drawing tool displayed, hitting only 2 will select it. Hitting 2 again will cycle trough the drawing tools.

1 to cycle the selection tools and 3 to cycle the painting tools.

I use that a lot.

Cheers,

Hi Rob,

It might be better off it you change the hotkey for that one since the pop up might get annoying. Brush hotkey is listed under the Tool Menu of the Shortcuts section of the Preferences. They are listed in alphabetic order so it should be in the first ones (4th on in fact).

Best regards,

Ugo

wow guys,
thanx a lot. those one-key shortcuts are even much better.
mathieu, 1 through 9 works best.
and ugo, the pop up menu was really annoying, i’ll look up the preference settings to avoid any future surprises.
thanx again.
cheers,
rob