Why no ruler or guidelines in Harmony?

Helllo.

Does anyone know why there is no ruler or guidelines in Harmony 14? Seems pretty important to me. I am trying to move from Animate CC and After effects to Harmony, but I really need a ruler and guidelines.

Cheers.

Each layer only shows the drawing substitution of drawings for that layer.
This should be, I agree, and exactly this is my problem: Each layer, in my case, shows the drawing substitution of ALL drawings from the multi-layer psd file. I can only circumvent this, when I successively import one psd layer after the other. However, this is pretty tedious. Therefore, I was asking for a more elegant possibility to import a multi-layer psd file.

There is a grid. If the icon is not visible you can right-click on the menu bar of the Camera and Drawing view windows and add it under Customize. Not sure if this is possible in Essentials. I am on a different computer right now. What level of Harmony do you have?

Thanks o0Ampy0o for your response. I was really looking for something a bit like the grid/ruler/guidelines systems in Animate and After Effects. I find them very useful in positioning different bits of artwork. Also, I cannot understand why it is so awkward to import PSD files into Harmony. If you have dozens of layers in your Photoshop drawing, it can be a real nightmare.

Cheers.

There is a “Feature Request” section in the Forum where you can request
improvements to the software.

There are several ways to import multi-layer PSDs. One way is to have all
layers flattened but another method is to have each layer create a layer in
the timeline. You can select this in the Multilayer Image Import Settings
window that appears after you hit okay in the Import Images Windows.

In order for this to work correctly, each layer in Photoshop must be its own
group - don’t nest the layers.

Each layer only shows the drawing substitution of drawings for that layer.
If you want all the drawings to be in the same layer. You want part of the
behavior of two different methods which won’t work.

Alternately import it in the way that most closely matches what you want
any copy/paste to get exactly what you want.

In order for this to work correctly, each layer in Photoshop must be its own
group - don’t nest the layers.

But how can one warant that in the library only the images of each layer appear and not all images of the imported multi-layer psd file? Currently, if I import a psd file let’s say with three grouped layers each having two layers (with the individual images/sprites) in the timeline three layers appear with the converted two psd layers as single frames (as it should be), however each layer, when displaying the library contains all six images from all three layers…