Why can't I move a layer or frame in the timeline, I see a little box but the timeline doesn't highlight

Sometimes, seemingly randomly the timeline seems to become locked, I can’t see any reason for this, what’s going on? any help is appreciated

I am having this exact problem. Out of nowhere, suddenly I can’t move my frames in the timeline by dragging them. Instead a little gray box appears on my cursor. Totally ruins the program, and I can’t figure out why. I did just update my Mac to the newest OS, but I dont see why that should affect this. Did you ever solve this problem? Thanks a ton

I’ve updated to the new macOS Ventura just now and my software is having the same issue. Rearranging layers or even adding frame exposure by dragging with mouse or pen is not working at all. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Same problem with Toonboom 7 and Ventura

I am having the exact same issue!
And I also use storyboard pro where I have run into a similar issue after Upgrading to Ventura! I cant move around Panels either… very strange

I’m having this exact same issue and I can’t seem to figure it out. I’m super frustrated at the moment on how to solve this. I can’t move layers pf select any frames to drag.
Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 12.01.46 PM

Might want to contact support and see what they have to say, might be a Ventura issue?

Issues
Storyboard Pro: if you are running Storyboard Pro 20 or older, Drag and Drop operations, such as moving panels or reordering layers do not work.

Harmony: if you are running Harmony 21.0 or older, Drag and Drop operations, such as moving panels or reordering layers do not work.

Solutions
Should you be running on the versions of Storyboard Pro and Harmony mentioned above or older, please refrain from upgrading to Mac OS Ventura at this point. Mac OS Monterey or older do not present the same issue. Should you need to operate on Mac OS Ventura please upgrade to Storyboard Pro 20.1 or above or Harmony 21.1 or above.

For any enquiry regarding this issue please contact support@toonboom.com