where is the effects layer...

hi,

using animate pro ple, trying to make the stars glow in the tutorial, but i cannot find the the effects selection when it says create a new effects layer.

can i enable it somewhere. or is it not available in the ple version.

thanks for any help

bumping this as i still do not have an answer.

im doing the streetlight tutorial, trying to get the streelights to glow using the glow effects layer

2 problems

1. i cannot find the duplicate elements in the timeline right click menu

2. i cannot create a new effects layer as this option is not there in the create layer drop down menu when i hit the + button on the timeline menu.

i have followed the tutorial to the letter but wonder is there an optoin that i need to enable to get the effects layer working or something else im missing.

appreciate any help you can give

Tony

Hi,

Are you using Animate or Animate Pro?

Regards,

Ugo

animate pro ple… thanks…

Hi.

I am sure that I read somewhere that the effects in the pro version can only be done in network view. In animate it offers an effects layer option from the drop down menu when you add a new layer, but in pro you have to use the module library via network view.

Hi,

As explained by peterjames you will need to create the effects through Network view in Animate Pro. Basically all your effects are located in the Module Library, you will need to drop them in the network and connect them accordingly.

You should be able to do the duplication of elements in the network as well by doing a copy/paste of the module and connect it to the composite (or the effect module) afterward.

If you have any further difficulties with effects feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Ugo

hi,

thanks guys… ill look into the network stuff…

does that mean its added as a post production effect then…

thanks again

Hi,

Blurs are added during the composting phase of the creation of the project (which is pretty much the last one). This being said those effects are done within the software and don’t need any external software intervention.

Best regards,

Ugo

well i wen througt tuorial again, it looks like they are using animate pro in the vid tutes…

copy layer elements… cannot see in my version… (hope latest as just downloaded)

create new layer effects later… again not available in my version…

didnt think it was a post effect… im at a loss to know where to go next… was looking to buy the full version at a later date…

Hi,

I see what you are mentioning. Basically the Effect section of the tutorial is under the Animate section but the adding of effect layer from timeline is actually not available inside Animate Pro. To do those effects you will need to use the equivalent counterpart of the effect from the module library in the Network View (which is were you will be doing your effects). I will report this to the documentation team as I can understand the confusion this can cause.

Best regards,

Ugo

thanks ugo… not me then… thought i was going mad… slightly…

not got to the network side yet… how do i access that…

Hi,

For information about the network you should consult the Compositing part of the video tutorials as this section covers the usage of the network.

Regards,

Ugo

thanks ugo… again… will give that a go…

HI guys,
Animate Pro PLE
I am trying to create mask effect but where is the masking effect or masking layer. In Animate it is in with the add drawing menu, have check in the modules under network. Second part to this is the masking feature effect the layer just below or layers below?

Thanks
-d

Hi,

The Mask in Animate Pro is called Cutter. The image you connect to the right port will be cut down and the input of the left port will be the actual mask through which you will either see or hide part of the image (you can invert it inside the module).

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi,
I am really trying to understand the Cutter. First, my problem is that when putting the cutter together, it places the “effect way above where it should be in the render view, a good way off.
Second, if I get it right, it is a “masking” effect”. Cutter, cuts thru the image that is in the left input, and allows one to see the “Hole”? So if I do a mouth, and I only want the opening to be seen when the mouth is open, I would place the opening on the left input, and place the “mask” in the right input?

Thanks,
d

Hi,

Concerning he issue concerning the location of the cutter I am not quite sure to understand what you are trying to explain. If you could provide us a visual representation of what you get we may have a better idea of what is going on.

As for the how you would use the mask, I guess the inside of the mouth should be in the right port (what is being masked). Then on the left port you would need to have an element which would consist of the shape that is inside of the mouth (basically the mouth opening without the lips. Then in the cutter element itself check the Inverted checkbox and you should now see the interior of your mouth through the mouth opening you previously defined.

Best regards,

Ugo