Where is Start/End Frame Bar for Dynamic Camera?

Hi,

According to the manual, when Dynamic is selected in the camera properties tab, a thick bar should appear in that camera element in the timeline window, from which start and end frames are chosen for zooms. I have added a second camera to my scene, switched to it and then selected it in the time line. When I click Dynamic, however, nothing happens. There is no thick bar appearing anywhere within the camera element. There is also no handle appearing in the camera frame. That is only present if I select Static.

Am I missing a step here? Please help. Thanks.

DanB.

Well, select the camera and switch to dynamic, move the time-slider forward,
that will show the “dynamic camera bar”, (default length of 10 frames…)
Extend the bar to any length you like…
After any change in the properties panel… move the time-slider…

You might consider and attaching the camera to a peg…?
Key-framing and animating the peg seems much easier and effective…?
Not to mention, one creates visible keyframes…

Regards
Nolan

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I had been attaching the camera to a peg to create zoom effects in the past, but while looking up something else in the manual I noticed the bit about creating zooms with this “dynamic” option and handle on the camera frame. I wanted to try it just to see if there was any difference. I didn’t get the thick bar at the beginning of the timeline though. I gave up and closed the project, but when I opened it the next day, the thick bar was there. Very strange. Anyway, I tried doing the zoom this way but just couldn’t figure it out. As I couldn’t set key frames I didn’t know how to control the zoom in and out. Eventually I just went back to doing it the other way: attaching the camera to a peg and motion key framing it in and out. If there’s anyone out there who can explain why this other zoom option exists, and its benefits, that would be great. In the meantime, I’ll just do it the old way.

Thanks again.

DanB.