Where do u find your music?

what was a shot at toonboom? im so confused, did this thread just to turn to something else ? lol

"Thanks it can suck for all I care, im not trying to impress anyone, as long as it meets the deadline and is good enough to show i can be an intern"

lol, you sound like me when I’ve been working on a project for a looooong time

Wasn’t a shot at toonboom, just a general comment. It is really common for people to do backgrounds in photoshop and import them. I think it would be nice if they could upgrade the toonboom drawing tools a bit so you didn’t have to do that.

The less programs you need to use generally the faster you can work.

This would be a fair complex upgrade and I am unsure how difficult it would be for them in terms of intergrating into the current toolset.

Yeah it got wierd huh? ;D Ok let me try to fix this before we have a misunderstanding.

Raider wrote:
it is a shame that people use photoshop rather than animate for backgrounds. Guess that shows they need an upgrade in painting tools.

Then Corey replied: ???

Alexf (me) thought you misunderstood what Raider had said. So I wrote that it was more geared towards toonboom, not to the fact that you used Photoshop.

Then you wrote:
Thanks it can suck for all I care, im not trying to impress anyone, as long as it meets the deadline and is good enough to show i can be an intern.

Ok that last one came out of left field, that’s all you. ::slight_smile:

I personally like the pics you put up. I think the BG’s have a distinct style and could be used as is. I am impressed and feel a little inspired by you buddy!

Not a “shot” but geared, directed, aimed, focused, towards Toonboom’s drawing/painting tools and how they could be better so users would not have to resort to using photoshop or any other tool. Is that clearer?

well its a vector program, if you want a painted look like most cartoons, go for whatever approach you need. I enjoy all looks myself. This project i wanted to try a painted look instead.

lol nah when i said i dont care if it sucks I was replying to someone else, im all about positivty man. I cant stand negative people or negative thoughts. I hate that stuff so none of it on my end. :wink:

lol Alex you crack me up…

@Raider
I agree with you Raider that it would be nice to be able to draw everything in Animate, but Photoshop is one of the most powerful programs out there for creating digital art and it’s easy enough to import your work into Animate. You can do some amazing stuff within Animate itself but it will never compare to a program that is devoted solely to creating digital art like Photoshop.

Agreed it will never be photoshop. But there is no reason so more advanced painting tools couldn’t be available to give an option. I actually really like some on Animates drawing tools and often wish I could mix with photoshop ;D

I agree Corey, your work looks awesome. I am sure it would put you in with a really good chance of getting the job :slight_smile: I didn’t mean my small comment to take everything off on this tangent lol

dangit guys, its all in love, GIVE ME A HUG!

I crack myself up, specially when I’ve slept 2 hours all week working on this project of mine. :P.

I have been doing some background in both Photoshop and Animate, when I compare the 2 it is unanimous, photoshop’s BG’s look better. I am not sure how I would set up a Pan though, cause when you import the image into Animate, it of course shrinks it to fit the stage. What if I wanted to have people and horses walking or standing? I would have resize them to the size of these letters.

Ok Corey now you have to spill the beans and tell what you did. Tutorial time baby

tutorial time? lol I know crap man, but as far as importing images just choose PAN instead of fit in the import option that pops up when ur importing ur image into Animate. There are some scenes i have where combing animate and photoshop looks great. For example I have a scene where the clouds are made in animate but the background isnt. And it looks really nice to my suprise. U should show us some backgrounds man : D

Isn’t it just a simple matter of grabbing the animate tool and resizing the image(just import as an image).

You know more than you think, cause what you just said, granted me another 10 years of eyesight. Now I feel ridiculous with all these microscopic little figures all over the stage, … on different layers. :smiley:

That is how I hope to pull off animating a Blizzard or vice versa. Having the heavy snow done in PS and the BG in Animate. I don’t know need to experiment, but thanks for sharing what ever you can. It all helps.

I guess so, try it. That’s all the sarcasm I’ve got.

acting like u didnt hear that part ah :’(

:slight_smile:

Oh, I did miss that part. The PSD ones I will soon, maybe I’lle put them up and send you the link. The Animate ones are not even worth showing cause they look terrible.

lol man just show em, its only like 4 people who come to this forumn anyway minus well share 4 fun

You are right about that, but I will show them when I think they are worth showing. Here I’ll show you this rough for a 45 second fight scene I am trying to do Hand drawn and FBF. The BG is a rough but it supposed to be Bamboo trees. I had that this scene in mind from watching House of Flying Dagger last week. Very cool looking.

I figured I’d practice by making short clips and learn somethings along the way. http://www.matadorstudio.com/kf/final-test1.png

@corey
damn! nice work love those backgrounds

@AlexF
post that flying daggers when your done the rough looks really fun can’t wait to see how you handle a shot like that

It is funny looking at your samples I am like the opposite end of the spectrum to a lot of people here style wise.

I really like the simple Southpark/Bromwell High/Family guy style.