What Projects are you Guys working on w/ Animate?

Oooooh, it’s so pretty Alex :slight_smile:
Which program did you draw this in? And did you hand paint the textures on the character and boat? I like it, I like it alot…

Oh snap where did my post go? I edited it and poof it was gone. Here it is again, I hope the Admin didn’t delete it.

http://www.matadorstudio.com/kf/eric_splash_pageMS.png

dessiebabe I did Eric in Flash, then I exported it to Photoshop, where I pretty much did all the coloring. The lines on Eric look Horrendous though.
Eeeeewwww. This pic is almost 3 years old, and one of the first I made of Eric The Red.

I hope to get a similar look in Animate, but I know I will have to import some textures and maybe, have to get assistance from Photoshop and or IE.

thank you :slight_smile:

@Alex, that’s very cool, please make it happen !

No posts have been deleted here by the admin… Don’t know what happened Alex, maybe there was an interruption in the server when you clicked Post?

Thanks for posting again.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

No problem Lilly, it was probably me. I do dumb stuff like that sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow all 3 of you guys are making some really serious sweet stuff here.

Leon: What detail man, i cant wait to see how ur animation turns out. Looks very promising.

Alex: I love how clean and professional your work looks. I saw your video when u were having a problem with something, and I also saw your model sheets with different poses. They look so professional. Very clean, and crisp. That texture on top of the character, if u decide to add that Im sure u can. If the cartoon Chowder can do it, Im sure u can too. Should really be interesting.

Raider:

Very nice man, it’s long but interesting too. I actually did something quit similar 2 years ago for a class presentation. I didnt realize u were a hobbyist : D You could definitely go pro if you wanted.

Thanks CoreyArt. The video was more about the music and I wanted to put it on youtube. I am amazed 500 people have watched considering the complete lack of commerial appeal and the offbeat topic. Hopefully I can get some new stuff up in the coming weeks.

Alex you would obviously want to play around with painting with textures. I haven’t really done that much but I assume that would be the way to do it.

Thanks for the kind words CoreyArt I appreciate it. It took me a while to achieve that crispy clean look cause I never like using the Pen Tool while I was working in Flash, and now the Polygon with Animate. Once I learned it, I was finally able to get the look I wanted.

You saw the video where Animate was not registering symbols to the stage? LOL, I put another one up to test that screen toaster site. I’m thinking of maybe recording the next character I Rig which is probably going to be an Eskimo for Eric the Red. Not sure though cause I don’t want to get side tracked.

I know, when I found that pic above and saw the textures I realized that it would be a big mistake If I made these movies without using them.

I just have to figure out how to use Bitmap BG’s for animation. Things like what size would I need to make them in order to have some flexibility when zooming in/out? I know bitmaps would look pixelated if I zoomed in too much.

Yup, I have alot of things to figure out, but right now I am not going to let myself get overwhelmed. I feel pretty comfortable rigging characters in Animate, and I am going to take advantage of that and build all of the characters. Then deal with BG’s and so on and so forth, all the while continue learning this Mystical program called Animate.

Alex, Im not 100 percent sure, but I believe that the people from Chowder use a bitmap image connected to the color swatch to fill the character with texture. So your not actually filling the area with a color but instead with a bitmap image.

For the backgrounds, I think it would look great if you use a simplified vector image instead of like a Photoshop painting. Pretty much similar to what they use in the 16teen cartoon. You know shades that dont blend smoothly but are sharp 2 or 3 tones for objects. Plus it would be much easier for you to create backgrounds this way.

Or even use an Adam Phillips type of technique and use gradients for backgrounds. But I honestly think your style would look great with flat shaded backgrounds instead judging from other cartoons Ive seen with a similar’ish style. “Power puff girls, Dexter’s laboratory, etc”

personally, i like the lines. they make it look like stained glass.

Coreyart I am definitely going to try different looks and styles before deciding on one, who knows maybe I can put some samples of different styles up when I am done and see what you guys think.

I want it to have a cinematicfeel to it kind of what a Ridley Scott film would look like if it where made into an animated film, or better yet samurai jack, man wasn’t samurai jack the best ever?

Um, yeah!!! One of my fav shows ever made! Wish they finished it. I actually was going to suggest samurai jack, but samurai jack style doesnt use lines. It would be cool to make something like samurai jack for sure and now that we know about the 0 line width trick Lilly told us about, im sure it can be done if u so choose to : D

That is why I inquired about how to do that in Animate, just in case I wanted to go that route. ;D Eventually, I am going to make something with no-lines cause I love that look or style too much not too. Just don’t know if I am going to use it the Eric Project.

Hey

I’m running a Sequential TV series (Fingers crossed it will sell) Sifi fantasy.

And a full length Fantasy all in Animate Pro waiting for 2 :slight_smile:

Not sure how to post so you can see it but here’s a link to a ruff key I hope.

:stuck_out_tongue:

http://velen1.deviantart.com/art/Arrival-133482572

Fingers toes and eyes crossed hope it works.

That is Awesome man! Let us know if it gets picked up!

your fairy looks too muscle bound.

I would definitly at least remove the straight line down the tummy.

Have to agree with you. I chose that frame as it showed the effects best but the muscle lines to show stress as she was transported and flailing look very wrong. Thank you very much for the input :slight_smile:

Vel

not had much time to work on project :’(
i had hoped to finish 6 key frames per day,
we know what happened to hope !
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss248/siliconmotion/key-2-72.jpg

Kids stories 15 episodes 3 mins each…thats est 6 months? my last project was done with tb studio5 finished last dec09.