View linked nodes in an X-sheet column

Sometimes I need to go to my x-sheet and delete extra function columns created during production. Every so often, when I delete what I think is an unused column, I’ll get the following message: “You are about to delete a column linked to one or more nodes.”

In a small scene I don’t mind going layer by layer, checking the properties to see which function column they are linked to, but since I’m working in a huge scene with several characters, it’s a waste of time to look through them all.

It would be amazing if there was a simple way to view these linked nodes. Thanks!

Hi Noelle Melody,

would it be ok for you as well if there was a way to easily identify the unlinked columns?
It’s them which you want to delete, isn’t it?

Best regards

Hi Noelle Melody,

I wrote a script which enables the user to remove the unlinked function columns of a scene.
http://wikisend.com/download/384478/RemoveUnlinkedColumns.zip

It contains 2 functions. You can assign a script button to each of them.

The two functions are:
1. RemoveAllUnlinkedColumns
This function removes all unlinked columns of the scene in one click.

2. RemoveSelectedUnlinkedColumns:
This function removes those selected columns which are unlinked.

It’s not exactly what you were looking for. But, perhaps it could be a solution to your problem anyway.

Best regards,

stefman

P.S. The script was tested on Harmony versions 12 and 14 and should also work with version 11.

Hey thanks! I haven’t checked this thread in a while, so I’m just seeing this now. I’m sure that script will come in handy, I appreciate you responding to my post.