very slow! Any tips?

Hi guys,

I’ve recently updated from the old MS Paint/Windows movie maker frame by frame combination to TBS 8 and it’s my first actual animation program. I’m an old hand at frame by frame, and I recently finished a project which has a tonne of scenes, frame by frame drawings and jpg backdrops. I understand that this would be slow-ish on my underpowered pc,but it is taking FOREVER!

For you pros out there, if exporting as a .mov file just to watch on my pc (I’ve got conversion software if I want anything else), what are the best settings to make it quicker without destroying the quality of my jpgs? Are there any tips to making file sizes and rendering/saving time lower? My first attempt took a few hours and was 100 and something mbs. I’ve got the settings right down when I’m doing the actual scenes, so I have no probs with the actual program.

Also, does TBS like wav or mp3 sound files better?

Any help is appreciated!

Pyridine

https://forums.toonboom.com/toon-boom-studio/support-and-troubleshooting/toon-boom-studio-8-too-many-layers-slows-it-down

There isn’t really one best video setting…
Finding the right compression settings for exporting a movie file is rather an “art form” then a direct “science”. How to Compress Video (with Pictures) - wikiHow
It all depends for whom you are exporting for… e-mail, web, you-tube, dvd etc…

My recommendation would be: uncompressed wav.

Thank you :slight_smile: