Version5 colours

How do you change the background colour of the panels ( where you enter direction, VO, notes etc… ) in the workspace?

currently black and can’t find option top change in preferences/colours…

thanks!

If I’m not mistaken on the question, You have to do a right click on the panel. Go to the bottom of the pop-up window and you’l see “Set color”. Enjoy !

thanks cloutiercartoon, but that’s the panels in the TIMELINE…

I’m talking about the panels where you add direction, notes, VO etc…right clicking within this box only brings up a few text based options…

http://docs.toonboom.com/help/storyboard-pro-5/storyboard/interface/about-interface.html

right hand side - PANEL VIEW

a black BG is tricky when you’ve got a big script to copy and paste in and the test is formatted in different colours… not just a simple question of turning all the text to white!

SCRIPT AND CAPTIONS

This is something I have been trying to do also, as I really like the dark UI style but having a black background for editing the script/storyboard and caption text doesn’t work so well.

I have found a solution on the windows platform (WIN10)
I don’t know exactly how this would be achieved on a MAC/Linux systems, but I imagine it would not be too different.

First close SBP5.

Look in your install directory for the ‘stylesheets’ folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\whereveryouhaveitinstalled\Toon Boom Storyboard Pro 5\resources\stylesheets\

You should find:

appdark.qss
appdark_mac.qss
appdark_linux.qss

Make sure you create a backup copy of the file you plan to edit.

The file will be ‘Read only’ so you will first need to go into properties and change its security permissions, otherwise you won’t be able to save it after:

In WIN10 there’s a check box for ‘Modify’ under the ‘Allow’ column, check it and click ‘apply’.

Now open the file in Notepad++ or equivalent, you want to look under the first group of styles:

/* ########################################################################################################### */ /* Top Menu, menus, text and text fields */

Search further down for:

QTextEdit { background-color: #171717; border: 1px solid #505050; }

Change ‘background-color: #171717’ to something like ‘background-color: #ffffff’ for pure white, or ‘background-color: #f5f5f5’ for an off-white.

Save the file (Notepad++ might need to be run with administrator privileges)

Note that when you eventually come to update SBP5, the file will likely be overwritten so you will have to update your changes in kind.

Hope this helped.

If there is indeed a simpler way of doing this then I’m all ears! :slight_smile:

Happy text captioning.

Thank you very much hughfindsthings !!
Making the change you suggested on the appdark.qss file worked great! (didn’t try it on mac though, but at least on windows 10 it worked fine!)