Velocity editor problem

Hey,

I want to animate camera from point A to point B and want the animation to be straight (no curves or adjustments).

I add a peg, attach a camera to it, add keyframes and animate my motion. However, the animation I do is automatically curved (like an invisible keyframe is put halfway which zooms the camera).

I posted about this sometime ago, and was suggested to open velocity editor, select frames and click on the “reshape to linear segments” to fix this.

However, it doesn’t seem to do a thing, like the button isn’t responding and everything remains the same.

Is it a bug or am I doing sth wrong?

Well there are two modes that the Peg could be in - 3D path or Separate. You can see this when you open up the layer properties.

If you have it set to Separate, then it makes no smooth editing of the curve.

If you have it set to 3D path, which is the default, then you’ll want to edit the Tension, Continuity, and Bias to adjust the path.

You can select the peg, and do a View > Show > Contro, which will show your path visually. Then you can select the keyframes and adjust the Tension, Continuity, and Bias with the Control Points toolbar.

~Lilly