Velocity editor - Broken?

Hi community,

I’ve recently had an issue with my copy of Animate (not pro) When I access the velocity editor, I am no longer able to edit the velocity via a bezier tool. Instead, when I click on the keys, I’m met with these annoying circles with squares on either side. I don’t know what I did to enable this, but it’s driving me absolutely batty!

Does anyone know what’s going on, and what I can do to get my beloved bezier curves back?

May be that are you created this function in create easy mode, in the Layer Properties panel right side arrow, instead of create bezier mode? Look it in the function name.
You can see too the User guide pag 534/537 where this topic is related.
Hope that helps. Yoryo.

Thanks for this suggestion. I’ll give it a try.

Since this has happened, I’ve run into another issue. My undo keystroke and dropdown menu item have quit working. I’ve limited my undo levels to 10, since I heard that might fix it, but no luck! Does anyone else have a suggestion on how to fix this?

Hello,

When you get the circles, it means that you have created an Ease curve instead of a Bezier curve. You can convert from one to another through the x-sheet. Click on the drawing layer in the timeline. Then, go to the xsheet, and expand to the xsheet so that you can see the function columns on the right hand side by clicking the little arrow on the right. Now right-click on the column that you’re interested and go to Convert > Convert the Column.

Does that solve your issue?

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Hi Lilly,

I started a new scene, imported all of my assets, and it went back to the original. If I somehow change it back to those circles again (And I’m sure I will) I will try this fix you’ve suggested, and update my findings on here. Thank you so much for your help regardless :slight_smile: