velocity and camera ease

i’ve been teaching myself animate and so far most things i’ve been able to figure out…however i can’t get the ease in and out bezier handles to work in the camera velocity window. when i grab the the little yellow and red arrows they just move in space but don’t curve the line? i’ve looked at a few videos on camera ease and in those videos the red and yellow arrows don’t do what mine are doing. i’m stuck with really hard camera moves. any advice?

Please check the Timeline-keyframes (camera-peg), are there any empty spaces
between keyframes ? This would indicate a Stop Motion Keyframe…
(Motion keyframes are indicated by a black line between keyframes)
If so, right click the Camera peg- or Velocity-keyframe, choose Set Motion Keyframe…
Or, select the keyframe, than hit command+K (Mac)…

Thank you for your kind reply - i think i may be having trouble understanding who the interface works - if the zoom i’m doing has an x and/or y value shift i.e its a pan and a zoom combo then i can adjust the beziers fine and get what i want - a slow ease at start and end of zoom. however if it’s a straight forward zoom in with no x/y change then there is no way (that i can see) to change the timming - the line between the two key frames in the interface is perfectly flat (horizontal) and the red and yellow have no effect - i can move them but they do not effect the curvature of the line . would have though this would be an easy thing to do.

JUST FIGURED IT OUT. Toom boom will let you animate zooms without using the transform tool. it looks like you have executed a proper camera move but the data is not there so i was unable to manipulate it - flat line in the velocity graph. Wierd that it can look the same but in fact be
completely wrong. will remeber to check the transform tool next time. phew… thanks again for the help.

got it to work - i wasn’t checking the tansform tool when i was making the zoom - it still made the move tho…which is a bit weird.

Did you set your Position to 3D Path or Separate ?
Please check the Camera-peg’s Layer Properties…
Either, right-click and choose Layer Properties…
Or, hit shift+E…
Or, double click the Camera-peg’s Icon…