Vector drawing, vertices and edge access through scripting

I’ve downloaded a copy of Toon Boom Animate Pro PLE. I’m looking at the scripting API. I want to try to create a script that will make a box explode. I’ve done this sort of thing before in Maya and Blender.

At the moment I can see how to get hold of a drawing as an element and I think I could see how to key the translation so I can move things about.

What I’m struggling with though is how to get access to the drawing information. I’d like to make the script shatter the box by breaking the drawing apart in to lots pieces in separate layers.

Is this the right way to go about doing this?

let me know what you think.

Luke

Oh right. Maybe scripting this isn’t such a great idea. If it’s possible I’d still like to give it a go for the sake of learning the API. Is there much point in training up in Animate Pro? Is Harmony the way forward?

Harmony and Animate are very similar, harmony just has more features. To move from one to another is easy.On the scripting, I couldn’t find a way to draw and then change frames or drawings. When I did I would lose focus on the camera window and the script would stop working.

Just so you know, there’s a much easier way to do this in Harmony Standalone with the Particles system. You can simply plug your image into an Image Emitter module, which breaks it apart into pieces, and then you apply an Explosion to it, and poof!

But if you want to do this through the scripting interface, then I need to do a little digging to find out if this is possible. Let me get back to you on that.

~Lilly

Same thing for the tests that I did. I could get it to work on the first frame, copying to another layer, but then it would not work on successive frames. More digging necessary.

~Lilly