V4.0 pre-order

Just got an email about the pre-order, and I’m definitely interested, just one question. Will I be able to access my projects in 3.5 from 4.0? Or transfer my library to 4.0?
The new features listed look very intriguing, but I’d definitely want to apply some of them to projects I’m currently working on.
Thanks in advance for the info.

sweet! just what I wanted to hear, thanks :slight_smile:

One other question… the promo says:

"Extended animation styles to import, vectorize and animate photographs"

Does this mean that we will be able to edit & alter image elements? If not, what exactly will these “extended animation styles” be? Any examples?

This sounds like a promising feature for scanned in art & other bitmaps, I just want to be clear on what to expect.
Any info is much appreciated.

Hi Kdog,

The new feature allow you to import a bitmap image inside a vector box so you will now be able to erase parts of images now. It is somewhat similar like how it is done inside of Storyboard.

Hope this gives you a better idea of what you could do with it.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi Ugo,

hate to be a pain, just want to make sure I’m clear on this (having never used storyboard).

With this new feature it sounds like I can import my scanned drawings & erase/delete the white areas leaving only my line art. Then I can vectorize my line art and play with it like a drawing element?

Is that a good assumption?

As always thanks for the info.

Hi Kdog,

When you first import the bitmap you still have the option to vectorize it in black and white only. The new option is to put it in a vector box. You will indeed be able to erase content from the bitmap and fill the holes you have made to paint them. I guess once you repainted everything you could paint the bitmap with a flat color but this would be the same has doing a normal black and white vectorization so this would only be a more complicated way to get the stuff done.

Here is a small exemple of what can be done using the way you were talking about:

[img=http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/4449/bitvecbg1.th.jpg]

Best regards,

Ugo