Uploads to YouTube

Hi folks!

After smoothly exporting my TBSv3 file to Quicktime .mov and then uploading it to YouTube, it looks terribly choppy! I tried increasing the FPS to 30 on the TB side and remade the .mov but to no avail. In TBS v2.5 my YouTube stuff looks good! What could I be doing wrong or is it YouTube’s fault because like I said, the Quicktime version of my TBS3 looks fabulous but not the YTube!!

Thanks. and looking forward to your comments.
PaulieWalnuts

Well, I would recommend creating your project in Studio in 1280 x 720, or higher.
24, 25 or 30 frames per second that’s up to you, but stay with the same frame-rate
and resolution through your whole project. (personally I use 25 fps)

Export from Studio as QuickTime:
Resolution 1280 x 720
Compression H.264
Quality High
Data-rate Automatic or at least 3000 kbits/sec
Sound AAC, Stereo, 44.100 kHz, 128 kbps

Upload that movie to Youtube:
The initial display of your video will be still in normal quality, but now you have the option to click on the “watch in HD” button.

Cheers
Nolan

Thanks Nolan I will give it a try. I appreciate your help, thanks again.

Paulie ;D

Nolan, after trying what you suggested nothing really changed. The choppiness is still present after uploading to YouTube. Were you talking about Quicktime Pro, because I’m on Quicktime Player 7.5?

-PaulieWalnuts ???

Well, can’t say why the choppiness is still present…?
Maybe your system can’t cope with the HD download-stream…?
(I guess you’re using broadband and not dial-up…?)
Does the same happen with the low quality settings…?

I use QuickTime Pro 7.5.5, but I don’t think that you need the Pro-version
to render to those above mentioned settings…

So far I have uploaded only a few videos to YouTube.
Otherwise try Vimeo, or Mytoons.

Cheers
Nolan

Thanks again Nolan, your animation is very nice. I have a MyToons account as well, but I’m not sure if I can upload it onto Mytoons and then embed it into another site’s forum post or blog like can be done with YouTube. I’m not looking to link the video right now. But i’m pretty sure Mytoons or for that matter, Aniboom, have video share capacilities (embedding), but I will definately try them.

Here are some of my YouTube better upload examples (not choppy) and one that is VERY choppy. (Birthday Card)
http://www.youtube.com/PaulDiLillo (my entire YouTube collection)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OpDrABU64E (choppy example)

Thanks,
PaulieWalnuts