upgrading preferences

Hello –

Just upgraded to TB 4.5 from 4, and I’m wondering if y’all know how I can bring along all the saved workspaces and shortcuts I compiled over many weeks in v. 4 without having to recreate them all. I see they’re all gone now that I’ve got 4.5 up and running.

Thanks a bundle!

Hi,

The workspace are actually saved in the registries of Windows. Since the structure in the registries change from version to version trying to transfer entries from the previous version may or may not work.

It would most likely be faster to simply redo the workspace then start working in the registry and corrupting something which would require you to reinstall the software.

Best regards,

Ugo

I appreciate the reply. I’m on a Mac, so I’m not sure what you mean about the Windows registry. Recreating workspaces isn’t so bad. It’s recreating all the shortcuts I made that’s going to be a pain. Any ideas how to restore those?
thanks!

Hi,

For Mac the shortcut and workspace entries are inside a plist located in:

/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences

The list should be called com.toonboom.toonboomstudio4.5.plist. In that file will be a section called Shortcut which contain all the set shortcut. Be aware that some function might have changed named over version which mean a flat copy paste may not work. Add to this the fact that those files are usually protected by the OS and you get in a pretty deep puzzle.

In the end it might be better off to set them off back in the software but if you can always try to modify that plist file.

Best regards,

Ugo