Undo using tablet buttons bug

Using a Wacom tablet for drawing, I’ll usually assign the stylus button for undo which makes corrections really fast.

In Toon Boom, any time I undo with the stylus button, the next stroke I draw will have a wild scribbly stroke preceding it.

I’ve found that this wild scribble is in fact the path my pen took after I did the undo until I clicked to start drawing again. If I undo without moving and start a new stroke, the scribble is reduced to a mere dot (since I haven’t moved). Whereas, if I undo, then move my cursor in a circle (without drawing, just moving), then draw, a large circle will suddenly be drawn first.

I tried assigning the undo to one of the tablet side buttons, but that gave the same behaviour. Only the Toon Boom undo button and pressing Ctrl+Z gives me non-buggy undo behaviour for drawing.

This bug occurs on my Cintiq 21UX, but not on my Intuos 3 tablet.

Hi,

Would it be possible to know what version of Toon Boom Studio you have installed on your machine and what build of that version you have.

Best regards,

Ugo

ToonBoom Studio v3.5, build 3.5.058

It was purchased and downloaded within the month.

Hi Chenade,

The issue about having a weird trail or creation of unwanted objects after using a quick key on the Cintiq with Toon Boom Studio v3.5 has been addressed in the patch that will come out in the beginning of year 2007.

We will make a notice in the forum when the patch is ready for download.

Best regards,

Ugo

The undo bug seems to be fixed with the new patch! Excellent!

On first playing around with it, I do notice my Cintiq no longer has pressure sensitivity anymore, which it did before the patch. But my Intuos has gained pressure sensitivity, which it didn’t have before (I guess they swapped), although the tracking on the Intuos is now about 5cm away from the cursor (not usable).

I’ll do some tests resetting the TBS tablet settings to see if I can regain pressure sensitivity.

Hi Chenade,

Concerning the pressure sensitivity issue this is most likely related to the drivers. Whenever you switch of model you will need to reinstall the drivers for some settings are not the same in the tablet. Basically, uninstall the drivers then reboot your machine and install the drivers. This should solve the issue.

Best regards,

Ugo