Unable to sign in and activate license

When I try to sign in to the license wizard, I’m getting this message:

Unable to sign in to your toon Boom account. There was an error retrieving licenses from the license server. Error downloading https://************/server.php - server replied: Internal Service Error. (299)

I’m a freelancer and often need to jump from my home computer to my laptop when traveling for work. Because of this issue, I’m not going to be able to work today. In general, this license activation/deactivation isn’t user friendly and for an expensive software like this, there should be an easier way for us to work between computers.

I´m facing the same issue. I just bought a monthly license, but when try to use SB Pro it shows the following message: Unable to sign in to your Toon Boom account. There was an error retrieving licenses from the license server. Error downloadind https://************/server.php - server replied: Forbidden. (202)

I already tried to unninstall/install again several times, but it´s not working.

Please help me! It is urgent!

Hello

Can you please write to support@toonboom.com?

Thanks

Best regards
Marisa Labrador

Same problem here. I wrote and called support, but have yet to receive a response. I agree this license system is less than ideal for freelancers. NoelleMelody, were you able to get this resolved? This issue is keeping me from finishing up some client work as well. Pretty frustrating.

Hey SonicChuck,

I emailed the customer support and someone was able to help me by using my product code in the License Wizard. I had to go to Manage Licenses > Manage Local Licenses > and then enter my product code in the Local License Manager.

This isn’t an issue anymore since Toon Boom was eventually able to fix the issue with activation on their end, but I thought I’d post anyway in case this happens again.

I do wish there was an easier way to work between computers. With an Adobe account, I can use 15 applications on 3 computers and never have to log out while paying the same amount per month for that account as I do for Toon Boom. I love working in Harmony and I tell every animator I know that they should switch over from Flash Animate, but this activation ordeal is super frustrating as a regular user. I freelance and need to switch from my desktop to my laptop every few days. I understand that buying 1 license means you can only use it on one computer - fine - but activating on another computer should be simplified.

Lots of us wish the same, switching computers can be a pain. I mostly avoided because of the licensing issues, but it shouldn’t be that way. I should be able to switch computers without so much of a problem.

Hi Daniel!

Please reach out to support at desk@toonboom.com so they can directly help you solve your issue.

I’m having the exact same problem. It gives me the same error code and everything.

Hi Taevon!

Please reach out to support at desk@toonboom.com so they can directly help you solve your issue.

I’m having this same issue- will this fix work on a windows computer?

Hi,

I had the same problem and emailed toonboom and immediately received a license patch document that resolved this problem. Posting here for whoever’s facing the same issue.

Link: https://desk.toonboom.com/hc/en-us/articles/217917368-Error-1?auth_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjo5MzUwNTMsInVzZXJfaWQiOjE1MDU3NjMxNDk3MjEsInRpY2tldF9pZCI6NzU0MzUsImRlZmxlY3Rpb25faWQiOjE1MDAwODU4OTIzMjIsImFydGljbGVzIjpbMjE3OTE3MzY4LDM2MDAwMTc1ODgyOCwzNjAwMDE3Mjc1MDhdLCJ0b2tlbiI6bnVsbCwiZXhwIjoxNjIwOTYxNzc0fQ.EU_uNYRlA38ZBe56vdI95onNBX1aZ05dAFCRcTlmyu0&solved=1

(I’m using Macbook Big Sur)

Pls how can I get my ID

I have the same problem

server replied: Forbidden (202)