Unable to initialize render module

It’s the message i get everytime i try to playback my animation.
If i try to export the movie the program closes.
The funny thing is that til yesterday the program was working fine.
Now i got this problem and don’t know how to solve it.

Please help.
I using Animate 1

Are you trying to playback with a render and play? Or are you just playing back through the scene by pushing the “play” button?

Is there anything different or special about this scene? Was this scene a scene that was originally created in Pencil Check?

Do you get the same kind of error if you create a fresh sccene?

When you try to export the movie, are you exporting to Quicktime format?

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

The error occur when i try to render and play.
When i just playback the scene on camera view it works fine.

This scene was not made in Pencil Check. The error starts to occur after i install the trial version of Pencil Check Pro. But i already unistalled it. But
the error in Animate remains. But maybe is just coincidence.

The error occur with every fresh scene, but the funny thing is that the scenes i created til yesterday are working fine, only the new scenes don’t render.
Thanks

It sounds like something may have gotten corrupted in your startup script. I’d like to have you try clearing out your preference file. There might be something that has been saved in your preference file. If you delete the scripts from your preference, then it should reload the default script (for scene creation).

If you have any custom scripts, then you should not delete the folder, but rename the folder instead so that it creates a backup but the program will no longer recognise it.

Make sure you close the application before you delete/rename the folder.

If you’re on Windows Vista and 7:

Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Animate\scripts<br />
You could rename the scripts folder to scripts_backup for example.

(If you were using Animate 2, for the benefit of other users, this directory is called 790-scripts)

For Mac Users:

/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Toon Boom Animation/Toon Boom Animate/scripts/

After you rename that folder, relaunch the application and create a new scene. Now do you still have the problem?

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Thanks a lot!
Now everything is working fine again!

Thank you!

Yay! Glad to hear it!

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support