UI bug related to selection nesting

Pretty sure this is a bug, but if it isn’t I don’t have any good explanation for it.

Suppose I have two layers A and B both with drawings. If I am using my brush tool and press Cmd (I’m on OSX), my cursor turns to a lasso. I can select things and when I lift up the cursor, they turn orange with a bounding box (still holding Cmd). When I let go of Cmd, the bounding box disappears. When I press Cmd again, I get my bounding box back and I can resize. Great. I like this behavior.

Now suppose I take B and nest it under A like so:
A
|— B

Now, I get the following behavior. If I am using my brush tool and press Cmd, my cursor turns to a lasso. I can select things and when I lift up the cursor, they DO NOT turn orange and DO NOT have a bounding box (still holding Cmd). When I let go of Cmd, the selection turns orange. When I press Cmd again, the selection no longer looks selected, though I can see the four arrows crosshairs cursor indicating that I can move it. HOWEVER, I am unable to actually drag move it. It snaps back to its original position when I let off the cursor.

Please take a look at this. I reinstalled my Wacom drivers and also Toon Boom and wasted several hours figuring this out. Who knows what sort of hell I’ll have to pay with Wacom’s new drivers…

Thank you,
Chet

Hey Chet,

I’m also having this problem with Advanced Harmony 15. It started 2 days ago. Have you been able to resolve this issue yet?

I can’t select (or drag) parent layer artwork with the selection tool in the Camera View. The orange bounding box is no longer visible and it behaves as if the layer is locked. However, if I switch the the Drawing View, I can select the layer with the selection tool, the orange bounding box appears and I can move the drawing around.

For some reason, this only applies to parent layers. I can still see the orange bounding box when I use the selection tool on child layers in the Camera View

I have this problem whether or not I’m using Single Mode Option for the selection tool.

I’ve tried uninstalling Harmony, trashing preferences, restarting my computer, reinstalling Harmony, and it still doesn’t work.

I need this option in my workflow. I’ve had to go back to using Harmony 14, but this will be a problem in a few weeks when a big project begins. The other artists I’m working with are using Harmony 15 and I’ll need access to the new features.

Noelle

Hey Chet, not sure if you ever resolved this issue, but the new version of Harmony 15.0.3 fixed the bug.