Twain Devices in OSX 10.4.11

Hello all. I have an exson cx 6000 installed on my mac. Other applications have no problem scanning. When I open the twain devices folder, I can see a dat file for the epson. Yet, when I try to import and vectorize the epson does not show up in the list of sources. Is there some setting in toon boom that I need to correct?

Thanks in Advance

Hi,

Have you tried to get later drivers for your scanner? We have not tested this specific scanner model but any TWAIN drivers should be showing up in the select a TWAIN source menu.

Best regards,

Ugo

Ugo,

I also have no luck scanning from within TBS on my Intel iMac, OS 10.4.11. I have the latest drivers installed and have no problems scanning with the software supplied with my Epson Perfection 1650 or scanning from within Photoshop (which recognizes my scanner), but TBS simply does not recognize any TWAIN sources.

Ron

I upgraded to toonboom 4.0 hoping that would help. It didnt. Added bonus, now when I try to create a library the application freezes. I’m beginning to get pissed off with this.

The user interface is much better. But I think the code could use some polishing.

Hi,

Would it be possible to let me know which drivers you are using? I will try to load them on one of our Mac just to see if the drivers are seen. Simply let me know the full name or the link to the driver.

Regards,

Ugo

Ugo,

Here’s the driver and scan utility v2.77A for my Epson 1650. Again, I can scan in Photoshop and with the Epson scan utility software, but I can’t scan from within TBS.

Ron

Hi Ron,

So I downloaded the drivers and indeed they don’t show up in the list. Although there is a trick to make it work. You need to launch Toon Boom Studio in Rosetta mode. To do so Cntrl+click on the Toon Boom Studio v4.0.app and do Get Info… then in there check the Open using Rosetta checkbox. Using this option all of the Twain source you have installed for your Epson should show up.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi Ugo,

That’s interesting. I’m assuming that’s because the driver is power pc and not intel or universal binary. Well, this is not crucial for me, but it is definitely good to know. Thank you.

Ron

Just to confirm . . . I’ve successfully scanned within TBS after launching via Rosetta. Then, after right-clicking on TBS icon and deselecting “open with Rosetta,” launched TBS normally and opened the saved file that was scanned via Rosetta. In other words, this is a viable workaround until such time as Epson decides to release a UB driver for their scanners.

Ron