Tutorial #2: gradient tool crashes program

Hey, everyone!

I just bought and installed ToonBoom v3. Everything was great until I tried to adjust the gradient tool for Mike Ant’s fire in the 2nd tutorial. I can click around the color picker for a solid color perfectly, but once I change the color to gradient, a click on the gradient marker or anywhere in the color picker results in an instant closing of the entire program. No error messages, no pause while toonboom processes info, just instant close. Nothing else I have open is affected, my computer doesn’t glitch or anything. Gradient tool + click = program close.

Technical info: Toonboom Studo version 3, running on Windows XP. Celeron CPU 2.50 GHz, 248 MB of RAM.

Does anyone know what’s going on and how can I fix it? I’d really like to finish the 2nd tutorial. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you,

s2m

Hi s2m,

This problem is a known issue related to the fact that the files of the tutorials have been brought from v1 to v2 to v2.5 to v3 and there has been some corruption over the transfer of the data (specific to the color palette in those project).

You can go around the problem by simply creating a new palette in the tutorial and continue to follow the steps with the newly created palette.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Ugo