Trouble w/Bamboo and TBS 4

Hi,

I have a bit of a problem. The brush tool in studio isn’t responding to pressure. I tried updating all my drivers including reinstalling my tablet driver without any luck. Is there anyway way to fix this? I would really like to be able to draw in Toon Boom. Thank you.

TBS 4 (Build 4.0.9946)
Dell w/Windows Vista
Wacom Bamboo

Hi,

Are you using single or multiple monitor. Also you may want to try to change the renderer used by default. You can do so by going to Edit>Preferences>Display tab and change the renderer from Direct3D to OpenGL or vice-versa (depending on which is on at the moment).

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi Ugo.

I’m using 2 monitors. Would that be causing the problem? I switch my render from Direct3D to OpenGL and restarted TBS, but it didn’t fix it. Thank you for the assistance.

Hi,

The pressure should be working with 2 monitors although one thing you could check is to change the application of monitor and see if you are getting the same behavior. Something else you could do is to remove the tablet preferences. To do so go to your Start Menu>Programs>Pen Tablet (or Wacom Tablet)>Preference File Utility and use the Remove All Preferences button.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi Ugo,

I removed all preferences, but that didn’t work either. The tablet works fine with my Adobe products and Painter. I was hoping that it was just something simple between Wacom and Toon Boom. Is there anything left to try? Thanks.

Hi,

Just for testing purpose just check if it works properly with a single monitor. You may have to reset the tablet preferences again after disabling the second monitor.

Best regards,

Ugo

Thanks, Ugo! It works now. ;D

I really like the extra workspace, though. Now that the problem is identified, is there any possible way to get it to work with duel monitors?

Hi,

I have seen in some situation that switching the order in which the monitor are plugged in the computer affect the pressure recognition. Therefore simply try to swap the 2 monitor wire, enable both again and reset the tablet preference. Make sure to keep your settings to OpenGL in the renderer of the software.

Best regards,

Ugo

Ugo, that did the trick! It ended up being the order I had the monitors listed in my display settings [Control Panel > Personalization > Display Settings]. I had monitor 2 on the left of monitor 1 when it should have been in order. Once I switched them, everything worked fine.

Thanks again, Ugo. I really appreciated the time you spent helping me. It’s going to save me a huge amount of time working within TBS! ;D