trouble importing illustrator

ok im doing this animation, im kinda time limited, which is why im so ticked off right now. ive just discovered i can vectorize in illustrator then import the ai file keeping my element crisp and undistorted. when i discovered this i didnt get this problem but now that ive started my project, each time i upload an ai file i get the dialog box that says: following errors occuredr during insertion 1-pdf and illustratorfiles reported the following messages unsupported features set line join type set line cap type.

along with this box i also get white gaps appearing throughout each image. almost as if its offset

Hi,

I’m not quite sure which feature you have used to get the file you are using but would it be possible to provide us a sample so we can check what exactly is going on and if something could be done to avoid the situation.

Be aware that we only support pdf format AI and that some features from later versions of Illustrator might not be supported. Anyhow there might be some things to do from Illustrator to get it in the software without problems. Have you tried to flatten everything or do something similar to generate the color zone.

Best regards,

Ugo

well ive yet to try flatten the image ill try that now, will this disturb my vectorized image.

i am using illustrator cs2 with tbs4

to import the ai file i use file|import file

Hi,

I don’t think this should affect the artwork. The issue you are having seems to be related to some of the lines that gets created are not supported. Hopefully converting those lines to another format will do the trick although I can’t guarantee for I do not have the file.

If you want us to test you can send us a sample at techsupport@toonboom.com.

Best regards,

Ugo