trim Path

Hi… In “after effects” There is a Function That Allows you to Animate a Stroke Being Drawn onto the Screen. Is There Something Like That In Toon Boom Harmony? Because I need it REALLY MUCH!

Thanks in Advance

2 Likes

Trim path was such a beautiful concept.

Hi,

As far as I know there is not such a feature but I would like that one too.
As well as animate points. As you can i AE

There is a morphing tool that can morph shapes but not in lines like trimpatch.

Or you can use a cutter to get the trim patch effect.

1 Like

Another question please… How Can I Make a Line That Moves in a “Curve” Like the “Line” Tool when you draw it and Press “Ctrl”… But I Want it to Start “Moving” From up to down ( or Vice Versa )… To be Clearer… I Want Lines That Move in Curves Like In the beginning of the Movie “Mulan” (Walt Disney)… Please, Answer me In Details How to Do it… Because I REALLY NEED IT AND I HAVE NO IDEA FOR HOW TO DO IT…

Thanks A Lot.

I am not sure how you mean.

You can add a curve deformer to a line and bend it.

Is that what you mean. If possible can you share a link.

Yes, I can my friend…

here’s a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK96IZ9eFm0

it’s about toon boom harmony 17… leave the entire video and only focus on the starting of it… when the video starts, you can see lines moving in curves freely, and their points ( the lines ) are moving as well… how to do that? All I mean is, when you draw a line, for example, and you add a peg to it, and move it from a place to its destination, it only moves to that destination without the point being moved, it’s so dull… all I want is to: move its point with it…

Thank you very much

Hi,

I dont know how they did that exactly but I guess it’s made with frame-by-frame animation byt I think it’s best someone from Toonboom can answer that.

I hope they read this question.

Hi everybody!

I’ve been looking for some tool that would allow me this same approach.
Trim Paths in After-Effects is so useful when it comes to Motion Graphics work.

The fact that it’s not readily available in Toon Boom seems a major shortcoming.

HOWEVER, if you’re familiar with the Node Editor and node-based workflows, you can functionally achieve the same effect.

I started with this simple stroke:
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.36.02 PM

Then, I added a curve deformer like this:
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.41.51 PM

In between, I added a Peg:
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.42.36 PM

Set the pivot at the very end of the tail of your stroke.
Then, on the page, I animated only two parameters.
First, the X-scale…then, the X-position.
And, since the Peg is entirely influenced by the Curve Deformer, here’s what I got:
experiment1

Ultimately, I believe this is the effect you’re after.
Though, play around with it a little bit.

Best of luck!
-Chris

1 Like

Hi,

That’s really nice!