transformer tool

Trying to manipulate a simple drawing but I don’t get the double arrows when I move my mouse over a control point.

Hi

Are you in you in the camera view or the drawing view?

Bob

I’m in the camera mode

I mean the camera view. I have been using toon boom animate for a couple months now and all the tools worked. All of a sudden they stopped functioning properly.

So, you’re in the camera view, you click on the transform tool and then click on an object in the camera view window, a box appears around an object but you’re unable to move it with the cursor.

If the above states your problem, go to the timeline view and untick the boxes next to everything apart from the object that you’re trying to transform, then try again.

Bob

Everything is unclicked and locked except for the layer I’m working on. I get no double arrow . I also just noticed a blue circle just outside of the box. When I click on it the surrounding box goes away and jumps to another layer. I started another project and it does the same thing.

Tim

Hi Tim

1) If it’s a blue disk with a dark blue centre and a lighter blue outer, it’s the pivot point of the object. Left clicking on it may make you inadvertently select another object or just make the current selection box disappear. Odd that you should be able to select another object with the transform tool if all the other ojects are “locked”.
2) If you’re not already using the default work space it may be worth restoring the default workspace. Path Windows>Restore Default Workspace.
3) When you have selected something using the Transform Tool, open the tool properties window and see if you can use the buttons to manipulate the image. For example, got to the <operations
> section and hit the rotate 90 degrees button.
4) Have you got a reasonable graphics card? How much free space do you have on your computer.

I feel with this that we’re overlooking something very obvious but I’m often wrong!

Bob

1. You were right. When the other layers are locked the current selection disappears.
    2) I restored the default workspace.
    3) The manipulate buttons work.
    4) No on the graphics card. However everything has been working for the last couple months. I do have enough free space.

Along with the transform tool problem I noticed in Scale I have 4 arrows on the cursor all the time. In Skew I only get Horizontal movement.

Tim

Yes I am using an on board graphics card and it seemed to work fine for a couple months. Except when I shutdown the program, it always gave me trouble flags. I would x them out and it would close.

This problem just started. I am including two screen shots. They don’t show the cursor but I tried to describe whats happening. I have no control of movement.

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb463/T_McCue/Gallery%202/toonboomscale.jpg

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb463/T_McCue/Gallery%202/toonboomtransform.jpg

I work on a lenovo lap top and I don’t know if I can upgrade the graphic card

Tim

Lilly
Thank you for your suggestions. I guess I didn’t describe my problem in great enough detail. I also had issues with the Advanced Animation tools. However. this morning I was still trying to fix the problem and I found that my color quality had moved from ( high 32bit ) to ( medium 16 bit ). I moved it back and everything is working.

Thank you and everybody for the help

Tim

I have the same problem… The the transform tool don’t works but the advance animation tools yes! To select an object with the transfrom tool I have to slide the cursor over the object, because to touch it don’t works. In same form happens with the edit gradiant an texture tool… is possible to move but not rotate. My Aniamate pro 2 versión worked very well untill the past week when I had to format my PC. I was in Windows XP SP3 and i´m in the same os now.
There is not aero themes and the PC has a Nvidia GForce 5200… Same it had before the formating when Aniamte Pro worked well.

I have installed a PLE version in another pc with Windows 7 and the program has the same problem…

Please, help me.

i have the almost the same problem too… my transform too is not letting me move anything in the camera or drawing tool…the transform box does show up bu i cant more the item…pleas let me know how i can fix this bug its really irritating me

I think i found the solution. the version of windows i used after format my PC was not original or lt was not full. I have formated my PC with a Windows XP full version, i have re installed my Animate Pro and it is working OK… the problem disappeared.

If this is the solution for someone else, please comment it here… In the forum there are some people with the same problem but without an effective solution till now.

I think i found the solution. the version of windows i used after format my PC was not original or lt was not full. I have formated my PC with a Windows XP full version, i have re installed my Animate Pro and it is working OK… the problem disappeared.

If this is the solution for someone else, please comment it here… In the forum there are some people with the same problem but without an effective solution till now.

This could be a graphics card related problem. If you’re using an onboard graphics card (like an Intel integrated card) these don’t handle OpenGL too well.

I’m having a hard time understanding what you’re trying to describe in the thread, but I’d like to try to help you out some more. So can you perhaps include a couple of screenshots? You can always upload the screenshots onto a free site like Photobucket and post the link here.

~Lilly

Yeah I have a sinking feeling that this is an issue with your graphics card. If your Advanced Animation tools work, but not the transform tool, this is a graphics issue. Are you on Windows 7 or Vista? Try to disable the Aero theme on your desktop and set it to Basic instead. Also, you can make sure that you upgrade to the latest graphics drivers. Other than that, I have to refer you to support@toonboom.com, but I’m not sure if they’ll be able to give you any further suggestions.

~Lilly

Thanks for posting your solution, Julao

I will just point out that for the majority of users who have this issue, it’s related to not using a graphics card that has been approved by the System Requirements, so just double-check your graphics cards.

~Lilly