Transform doesn't work

Hi,
I read the tutorial on bouncing ball animation and know the difference between the transform tool and the other pointing tool. Sometimes when I move the object with transform tool, it creates keyframes, and other times I won’t. This means that instead of creating keyframes, it just changes the original position and it stays that way. Now, it won’t and I can’t animate at all. What is wrong? I’ve also read all the other posts on transform tools and they don’t solve my problem.
Thanks,
Alex

If you think you are using the scene transform tool [7] but it isn’t creating keyframes but rather it is changing the original starting point in the scene, that is a strong indicator that you have accidentally selected the scene select tool [6] instead of the transform tool. Also be careful that you aren’t selecting the drawing select tool [1] accidentally while in drawing view as it can be mistaken for the scene transform tool and it certainly won’t create keyframes and will definitely change your objects position significantly. Never try to keyframe animate while in drawing view, it can’t be done. -JK

Thanks for responding. The transform tool is highlighted or indented whenever I move the body parts. Meanwhile the scene select tool is not. Also, I do it in Camera view as well. I’m not in the drawing view, and it’s not able to use the transform tool in the drawing view. I created keyframes before, it’s just not working now. Thanks.

I suspect it would be useful for you to post here which version of the software you are using and on which version of your operating system. -JK

Toon boom Studio V4.0 and the operating system is Hewlett-Packard
HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
Intel(R) Core™ i5 CPU
M 460 © 2.53GHz 2.53 GHz
6.00 GB (5.80 GB usable)
64-bit Operating System

Check under the Tools menu and make sure you don’t have Peg Only Mode turned ON

I believe that back on version 4.0 that would produce the effect that you are experiencing. -JK

Thanks, but that didn’t work either.

Hello Sephu,

If you are not using pegs to parent your drawing elements, you might not see the result of Peg Only Mode ON or OFF.

I think JK is right and that you might have use the Scene Select Tool by mistake instead of the Transform Tool.

You can contact support@toonboom.com with your question.
We will be able to investigate and find why you are experiencing this problem…

If you decide to contact support@toonboom.com, please, include this post URL in your e-mail so we will be able to post a debrief comment when we actually discover the cause.

Francois

Thanks for the help. I will email support soon.
Regards
Sephu