Transform all layers in a drawing but not all drawings

Hi,

I’m using Harmony at work and I was wondering, is there a way to transform all the layers (OLCU) within a drawing independently of other drawings in the same scene drawing layer?

If I use Select, it appears I can only select and manipulate the current drawing layer (OCL or U, but not altogether), and if I select Reposition All Drawings, it looks like I can select all layers (OCL and U) but it also selects all the layers of other drawings in the scene layer. I only want to edit the layers altogether in the current drawing, not all the drawings. Is this possible?

Currently I’m having to paste a registration mark into each layer and reposition up to all four layers separately, or just eyeball it layer by layer if positioning isn’t too critical. This seems unnecessarily tedious and not as accurate as I’d like for my current assignments, and I’m hoping there is a simpler and more direct way to do this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

G.

Edit: Oh, I should have added that we’re working with painted character art imported from Photoshop, if that makes a difference. Also, we’re using Harmony 11, not 12. Thanks

you can try making a permanent selection with the apply to all drawing button in the Drawing View and see if that works?

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just now tried making a Permanent Selection in one of the drawings with the Apply to Multiple Drawings button enabled but the selection tool still seems to select only one layer at a time (in this case, Line or Color but not both together.)

I’m probably using the tool incorrectly though–I’ve only been using Harmony for about a month here. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks again for your help.

G.

Aha! I got it–I needed to also enable Apply to Line and Colour Art. Duh, I guess. :slight_smile:

Maybe this is a dumb question but why would I ever want that disabled?

G.

Edit: Never mind…the phrasing is a little confusing but I think I understand the logic behind it.