Transferring custom prefs to Animate Pro 2

I was wondering if there is any way I can transfer my Animate Pro preferences (custom work spaces, shortcuts etc) to Animate Pro 2, or do I need to set them up again?

I’m on a Mac BTW.

Hi,

All your previous layouts can be found in the following location on Mac:

/Users/UserName/Library/Preferences/Toon Boom Animation/Toon Boom Animate Pro/version#-layouts-xml

You could copy them from there and paste them in the 790-layouts-xml. After this is completed you will have to go in your Workspace Manager inside Animate Pro 2 to add them to the drop down. Be aware there have been some changes in the way layouts can be displayed between Animate Pro and Animate Pro 2 so there may be slight changes in the way they get displayed.

For shortcuts I am not entirely sure you will be able to do the switch since there are new shortcuts that have been added to the list of available one and this may create an offset in the interface. In any case the shortcut file is in the full-version#-pref (on the same level as the layout-xml folder).

This being said I would recommend you to manually reset them if you start running into weird behaviours shortcut wise.

Best regards,

Ugo

Thankyou Ugo! :slight_smile:

In Windows XP… It is possible to do so well?

Hi,

Yes the same should be possible to do under Windows XP as well. The path is different though:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Animate Pro\version#-layouts-xml

Best regards,

Ugo