Tracking and Pen Sensitivity Problems with Wacom Intuos Pro and Harmony 14 Essentials

When drawing in Toon Boom, it feels very clearly off. It’s hard to describe, but it feels like every stroke of the hand on the tablet is exaggerated on-screen. This makes drawing at all very difficult to do. Secondly, there is no pressure sensitivity at all with the Brush tool.

I have tried everything that the internet has when searching “Toon Boom sensitivity”, “Toon Boom Harmony 14 pressure sensitivity”, and variants like it. Search results yield solutions for only Toon Boom Studio and Storyboard Pro and, when applying these solutions to Harmony 14, they do not work.

I’m using a Wacom Intuos Pro Small tablet and Toon Boom Harmony 14 Essentials. The Wacom driver is up-to-date and Harmony is on version 14.0.0.11461. (One of the answers I had read said to update the graphics card, as well, and I have.) I have uninstalled and re-installed all instances of Wacom drivers and I have re-installed Toon Boom.

What do I do to solve these problems?

If you didn’t stop all the wacom processes (task manager)
when you updated your Wacom driver then it may not
have been able to properly update them.

To resolve the problem you must uninstall ALL tablet drivers and
remove ALL tablet preference files. Shut down and restart the
system. Download and install the latest tablet driver for your
model of tablet and use the tablet utility to define your new tablet
preferences. Reboot after doing this.

In practice it can be difficult to find all tablet drivers and preference
files so it may help to do a system file-search using the keywords
tablet and wacom (independently). If you are on Windows and have
experience editing the registry, also do a registry search using the
same keywords.

Uh… I don’t understand this. I’ve been having a simaler problem, and I’ve never set up my wacom for this computer. It’s a windows 7 home premium, so i know its a really crappy computer, but I really want to know if there is something wrong with my tablet, or something wrong with toon boom.