ToonBoom Studio to Essentials: What am I getting there?

No I didn’t have to give up my Studio license which is a good thing as it has those extra features but unfortunately as I understand it the two programs are not file compatible. I may be wrong but I’ll have to try it out when I get a chance but at the moment I’m luckily bogged down with illustration work so animation will have to take a back seat.

I’m contemplating TV Paint as it will probably suit my needs better as an out and out illustrator… Don’t get me wrong, I won’t be dumping Toon Boom just arming myself with what I may need in the future and what is right for me.

Just love good old fashioned hand drawn animation styles.

Yes, your Toon Boom Studio license is still active. Congratulations. You just upgraded to the only software that will be supported in the future for $99 and it is not going to do what TBS did, it will do less in many regards that are beneficial for making animations. There are many messages on these boards that ask kindly about issues that arise, only be linked to an instruction manual. This is more about the bait and switch of the program. Essentials is a crippled version of TBS, but with a nice layout. I’ve sent letters to many sales reps, and the one reply I got was an offer to pay to upgrade to Advanced, and that I could still use Studio…for now. Thanks Toon Boom.