toonboom running slow

My toon boom is running really slow, there is alot of delay when I try to move something. I have a mac pro, so I’m guessing its powerful enough, do I need to move some stuff off my computer for more memory or something?
Adam

Hi,

Is this specific to a single project? We will need to know some more about the context in which this is happening has it could be caused by multiple factors.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hey, I just bought a macbook pro a month ago, and I had the same problem. I’m not sure what it is but I know that it has something to do with to much info on your toonboom animation. try and create a new animation see if it works normally, if it does then on your animation hide the things that you don’t need. (I don’t think I am making much sense here) Reply back and tell me if anything worked.

it seems to happen mostly when I am in Camera view. and mostly when I am trying to move something. I dont know if maybe it is because I am using imported photoshop files and they are bigger than they need to be and taking up alot of juice to move them or something.
It doesnt seem to happen if I draw in toon boom and move stuff around.
Adam

Hi,

Having big bitmaps in your scene can indeed influence the speed of response of the software. You may consider lowering the resolution or pretty much everything that may not need to be too big.

Best regards,

Ugo

Just to throw my hat in the ring…

I’m on a MacBook Pro as well, haven’t experienced any real slow downs.
My projects (only worked on 4 thus far) use a lot of bitmaps of varying sizes but generally no more than 25 of which none are larger than 1000x1000 pixels.

I do get crashes roughly 2 hours, but no slow down.