toonboom express V3??

I am currently demoing toonboom express and had a few questions. First of all is a version 3 planned? And will it be a free or paid upgrade from 2.5? And for a feature question I have one about audio. I wonder if audio is scrubable from the drawing area at all? I am a 3d animator using maya I am very used to being able to scrub the timeline and have the audio playback as well as having a graphic representation in the timeline. Is there any tool with similiar functionality. The xsheet is very nice but I wish I there was a true timeline in drawing mode. If I could playback the audio in any way in drawing mode would be great.

I realize toonboom express is the base toolset, it is a fantastic tool. Shockingly low priced for the power it has. I really enjoy this program a great deal, but I need to be able to set the poses based on the beats in the audio before lip syncing. Can this be done?

Thanks for the advice,

James

Ok well I just downloaded the tbs v3 demo. It is everything i need, plus more than I need. :wink: I really like the express version having the same capabilities with limits in place. These limits are not too constrictive for my needs, but the new layout in version 3 is necessary. Will a limited express version be created that will have the timeline available in drawing mode like in v3 of the standard studio? Maybe I should be writing a message directly to the developers. If any developers read this could you please respond?

Thanks,
James

ps I have been unable to make the express demo scrub audio in the timeline. Is This a underdocumented limit?

Toon Boom Studio Express V3 is coming soon. Probably by then end of the year but I cannot guaranty it. I don’t have official release date yet.

It will be the V3 version with the current limitations of the Express version.

Thanks,