Toon Boom V3 no sound play back

HELLO EVERYONE

WHEN I IMPORT A NEW SOUND FILE THAT I KNOW WORKS ON MEDIA PLAYER - I TUNES ECT - TOON BOOM DETECTS THE SOUND FILE AND SHOWS IT UP IN WAVE FORM ON THE LIPSINK PAGE BUT WHEN I PLAY IT BACK IT’S SILENCE, THAT’S WITH THE PALYBACK SOUND CHECK BOX ON AND OFF, SO I CANT LIPSINK TO WHAT I CAN’T HEAR,

ANY HINTS OR TIPS FROM ANY VERSION OF TOON BOOM MAY HELP,

THANKS - THE MONKEY

Hi,

I’m not quite sure but it might be related to the compressor you have used for the sound. In any case how heavy is the sound file. If it is not too heavy could you please link it to an e-mail to techsupport@toonboom.com so we can test it out and see where the problem is.

Best regards,

Ugo

HI UGO,

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

I’VE LOCATED THE PROBLEM AND IT’S MY SOUND CARD! I CLEANED MY COMPUTER AND KNOCKED THE CARD BUT I DIDENT REALISE AT THE TIME - HENCE NO SOUND -

JUST A QUICK OTHER QUESTION …

I’VE WATCHED THE TUTORIALS FOR “DUR DUR” BUT THE PEG HEIARACY THING? WHEN I HAVE ALL MY SEPERATE DRAWN ELEMENTS LIKE - LEFT ARM - RIGHT ARM - LEFT EYE - ECT AND THEY APPEAR IN THE TIME LINE RIGHT - WHAT DO I DO TO CONNECT THEM SO WHEN I CLICK ON AN ELEMENT IN THE TIME LINE I CAN MOVE THE WHOLE ITEM IN THE DRAW WINDOW PAGE - BECAUSE AT THE MOMENT WHEN I MOVE A DRAWN ITEM IN THE DRAW WINDOW PAGE THE OUT LINE MOVES BUT THE COLOUR OF THAT ITEM WONT MOVE WITH IT - SO I HAVE A DRAWN ITEM THAT IS FILLED WITH COLOUR BUT WHEN I SELLECT TO MOVE THAT ITEM ONLY THE BLACK OUT LINE MOVES AND THE COLOUR STAYS THEIR AS IF IT’S NOT ATTACHED AT ALL TO THE DRAWRING EVEN THOUGH IT’S ALL IN THE TIME LINE

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR REPLY IF YOU CAN THINK OF ONE!:slight_smile:

A BREAK DOWN OF WHAT TO DO WOULD BE COOL,

CHEERS
THE MONKEY - FROM ENGLAND - TOON BOOM V3 :slight_smile:

hi monkey
you parent all the elements in the time line only.
so you drag and drop them there onto the elements you want to be the parents of the selected ones.
cheers,
rob

p.s. is your ‘shift’ key jammed? :wink: