Toon Boom: TIGER Ready?

Hi, Mathieu and/or anyone else who is on the latest poop regarding Toon Boom Updates.

I’m about to move up from a Mac G4 to a dual-processor G5 and I’d like to get it with Apple’s new operating system, TIGER.

My question is this: will the current Toon Boom 2.5 be compatible with Tiger and, if not, when will it be? I’ve been a Toon Boom user for several years now and TBS has been quite slow to respond to Mac users, so I need to know how to proceed with my new Mac purchase.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Especially since I am about to embark on a new animation project using Toon Boom.

Best Wishes,
-Elwood

Thanks for responding, Evan.

I checked out your earlier post (which I missed somehow) and I’m also heartened by the possibility that TBS may soon have a version ready for Tiger. Then we can spend a good part of our creative time dealing with all the bugs inherent in a new operating system upgrade. Those cats are getting bigger all the time and soon we’ll need larger chairs to keep them from gobbling us up. I wonder if Apple will stop, finally, at Sabre Tooth Tiger.

Best Wishes,
-Elwood

Hi Elwood,

Unfortunately, I don’t even have the commercial version of Tiger yet so I cannot say anything official. Right now all I have is the developer preview which is still unstable. I’ve used TBS on Tiger and it seemed that it was working for now but haven’t been trough a lot. I still think I should wait for the final release to put any more effort in to this.

What I will do is as soon as I receive Tiger, I will install it, take the time to test more TBS (on the same release you guys are going to use) and I will post some feedback on our website ASAP. I’m hoping I will have Tiger by the end of the week.

Cheers,

Howdy, Mathieu–

Thanks so much for responding. Sounds like you’re on top of the Tiger upgrade–as least as much as possible, considering you don’t have the finished product. I won’t be getting my new computer until my birthday on May 23rd, so maybe Toon Boom will be Tiger-ready. Good to know you’ll be keeping us Mac users posted.

Best Wishes,
-Elwood