toon boom studio Vs toon boom Animate

now i’m a newbie on both…i bought toon boom studio a while back and i’m evaluating toon boom animate PLE currently but on the whole i’m liking toon boom studio better so far overall

toon boom studio imports my psd layered files just fine from painter x but over in toon boom animate you NEED adobe photoshop [i don’t use it] as they up’d the requiemens for you to create folders in the layer browser in photoshop otherwise only 1 image comes in and not your whole character which i make in painter x on layers>> body, arm, neck, head, leg and feet etc…

obvously you can work around it by making separate image files for each body part but really hen ‘it works’ aready in toon boom studio…why mess it up!
…i hope the NEXT version of toon boom does NOT go this way…

i surpose toon boom studio fits my needs anyhow so why complain!
i’m looking to make some ‘retro style’ cardboard cutout animations similar in looks and animation to mr benn, noggin the nog so the ik over in Animate is not something i’d want! ;D

anyhow here’s a quick test with both a painter x painted charater/bg test scene and a toon boom drawn character and bg just to have a look at the different results i can get…

it’s V rough so don;t complain!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uGDR2k9kelY#