Toon Boom studio V3.5.1 has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I have used toonboom studio v3.5, but not in about six months. It worked fine before, but now everytime I open it, it closes immediately and says it has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have reinstalled the program from my disk and from the website to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi,This is probably related to the renderer used not being supported by your graphic card (maybe you updated your drivers or changed the card). Anyway simply open the application (not a project just get to the Welcome screen) and go to Edit>Preferences>Display tab and change the renderer from OpenGL to Direct3D (or the opposite). Then restart the software and see if you are getting better results.Best regards,Ugo

Thank you for your response. However, I cannot even get to the welcome screen before the program closes. Is there another way to change this setting before opening the program? My video card is the same, but my PC is constantly updating by itself. Any other help you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,Well one thing you could try is to completely uninstall (remove preferences too) the software from your machine and try with a fresh installation. It may simply be that the welcome screen had been deactivated.By the way under which OS are you running and what are your machine specs?Best regards,Ugo